Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

choc-butter mix gone wrong what to reuse it as

• 11-02-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Mixed 150g of good dark chocolate and 250g butter in double boiler..

I read the recipe wrong, the melted chocolate should have been beaten into the butter.

I want to re-use this.. What can i add to this wonderful tasting buttery choco goo to make something else.

Is a mousse or filling for a chocolate tart possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Look up some truffle recipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭G-Man

Good idea - and the 14th coming up... Just leave around lots of hints I will.

The stuff is good- We had two rounds of hot chocolate drinks with it.

I looked up some more recipes, mine is a very strong butter mix, truffles and fillings look fo rmuch more butter than choc - I will add more chocolate to make it richer, a few flavourings as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I assume it's solidified by now so if you melt it down again you could make brownies. If you made a couple of hot chocolates already then this recipe probably matches close enough to what you have left. I've never made the Odlums brownies recipe but have made other stuff from the same site with good success so it might be worth a shot?

http://www.odlums.ie/recipes/chocolate-brownies/

Advertisement