Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneachta!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

biko wrote: »
    https://thecladdagh.com/webcam/
    Webcam where one can enjoy watching the blizzard from indoors

Windows ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Discodog wrote: »
    Hirlam - which many consider to be one the most consistent models for this spell of weather is still predicting a "fresh Breeze" & less than a mm of snow per hour for Galway.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Connacht/Galway/hour_by_hour.html

That's presuming it falls as rain. I think you multiply the values by 25 for an approximate snow depth.

At least I think I read that in the technical thread. I noticed on TV3 they showed a precipitation table without mentioning this, which is going to make people wonder what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Windows ? :confused:
    I'm more of a Linux man myself, but hey whatever floats your boat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Will the 10am phone call most likely be telling me to get my ass into work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

She’s going to be a rough night lads.batten down the hatches.wind is rising here already.according to the news it’s the coldest day in March on record.place is going to go to sh1te when it thaws as well.stay safe let ye

• Advertisement

She’s going to be a rough night lads.batten down the hatches.wind is rising here already.according to the news it’s the coldest day in March on record.place is going to go to sh1te when it thaws as well.stay safe let ye

Just walked the dogs by the sea. Breezy & dry atm.

I can’t walk my dogs so ran them after a ball in garden.roads here are bad.youd need golf shoes to walk on them.wanted to go for paper couldn’t go.side roads lethal

Did the tide go up on the train track earlier at high tide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

You feckin' madman

You feckin' madman

I was praying that the neighbours don't report me to Leo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Just back from a drive across the city and back. I decided to test each district road I travelled with hard breaking and rapid acceleration with violence steering wheel action. I can confirm the roads are still not like glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking at the webcam I linked to above it's like it's Good Friday lol

biko wrote: »
    Looking at the webcam I linked to above it's like it's Good Friday lol

Looking at the cam right now. There appears to be quite a few folks about the town.

On a side note, anyone walking past the cam, please brush the snow off the lens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Look out your window. It's lovely on the west side of the city now. Outside my window snow is swirling past, powdery stuff from the ground is being blown into the air and sometimes it looks like a deep fog. I had 1cm going to bed and now we have 2!
    Do not however open your window for a better look. I did that for a second and now somehow my hair is wet :/.

Galway has been included in the latest red warning update, it's now us munster and lenster, other areas have been downgraded to orange.

Its beginning to look a lot like snowmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Look out your window. It's lovely on the west side of the city now. Outside my window snow is swirling past, powdery stuff from the ground is being blown into the air and sometimes it looks like a deep fog. I had 1cm going to bed and now we have 2!
    Do not however open your window for a better look. I did that for a second and now somehow my hair is wet :/.

Galway has been included in the latest red warning update, it's now us munster and lenster, other areas have been downgraded to orange.

Its beginning to look a lot like snowmas!
    Bit strange that one. Is it because we are defending Leinster Hurling champions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Heavy going this morning driving folks but its doable if you have to get out , be careful if you need to drive, clear snow above and below car or you wont get anywhere, 20 mph probably enough,still coming down as well so it will probably be worse later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Lots of rural roads are too bad too drive on,mounds of snow ,would never have made it to city to work,just as well it was cancelled

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Lots of rural roads are too bad too drive on,mounds of snow ,would never have made it to city to work,just as well it was cancelled

Yes can imagine. had a 4 mile trip from west of city in was slow, another lad got in from Oughterard slow going so that N59 is doable . Anything with hills around town forget about it bar major 4*4.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

2018-03-02_09.01.05.jpg

2018-03-02_09.06.14.jpg

2018-03-02_09.14.23.jpg

Advertisement