Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency didn't pay my wages

Options
  • 11-02-2018 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello, i was emplyed with an agency from cork.
    so my first week i was working full week 40hrs + 2over time
    next week i was sent 2 days to work. and got paid that the following week.
    130euro
    anyways.. i was not paid for my first week! which i did over 42hrs
    i called them every single day and they said that there may be something wrong with my tax. can;t be if they paid me for the 2 days..
    this is weird i want to go to court? what to do!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It’s possible your on a back week, do the 130 could be from the for 2 days the first week depending on what setup their working week is eg mon-sun or thurs-weds etc

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sergiot

it has been nearly month since...

Well that’s different, did you get pay slips?

No, i called them and they said i should of gotten my money directly into bank.
    i got my seconds week wages only. first week nothing.
    i went to employer and got hours printed out. and they said they have sent in the hours and that i should of got paid already, they dont know whats the reason. very strange

sergiot wrote: »
    No, i called them and they said i should of gotten my money directly into bank.
    i got my seconds week wages only. first week nothing.
    i went to employer and got hours printed out. and they said they have sent in the hours and that i should of got paid already, they dont know whats the reason. very strange

ring them and tell them you need payslips for both the weeks you worked. No point in going any further till you've done that

• Advertisement

i have rang them. goes always on please leave ...a voicemail.

sergiot wrote: »
    i have rang them. goes always on please leave ...a voicemail.

send an email requesting them.
    your entitled to payslips, if you cant get them maybe ring revenue and explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Agencies are the worst. Maybe threaten to report them to the company you are working in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Email them.

In state the hours you worked, what you have been paid for and what you have not been paid for.

Tell them, under the Payment of Wages act 1960, you are formerly requesting your payslip and payment for the 42 hours work. Give then 5 days to supply your payslip. If you get no where, you may have to make a formal complaint.

Read the information here:

http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/Complaints_Disputes/Refer_a_Dispute_Make_a_Complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I would second what wmpdd3 says. I have a feeling I know which agency it is too. My husband had exactly the same problems - sometimes he would be paid, sometimes not, sometimes partial payment. They were a nightmare to work for...

I would get a letter from the employer confirming the hours worked, and that they were sent to payroll for processing.

Did you put in a 12A with Revenue when you started? It could be that you're on emergency tax. However, it doesn't excuse the lack of payslips since by law you must be issued with them. Check with Revenue, that you are in fact registered for tax and get s P21 from them too, just to double-check. Get all your ducks in a row first.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement