Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a food stall

Options
  • 11-02-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I was interested in possibly setting up a food stall selling hot food. I think the food would do well however I don't have much to invest yet. It's something I would do in the future. I noticed the food stalls outside Dundrum town centre. Does anybody know if they do well? And how would I go about setting up in Dundrum? If someone could tell me all the steps involved and an idea of a quote to start I'd really appreciate it. Who could I talk to in Dundrum to ask about setting up there? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I would imagine Dundrum would most likely be run by the town centre management so you would need to contact them directly to find out. Most markets and events operate from private ground so do not require a trading licence however if they are in local authority designated trading areas you would be required to apply for a casual trading licence from the relevant local council council. These are issued for specific pitches and can be difficult to get. The only way to be sure would be to clarify the situation with Dundrum management.

You will need to have HSE approval for your set up (including any food prep area) You will also need liability insurance, definitely public and products in your case and possibly employers liability too. Talk to the likes of IOMST who can advise on all these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

laurey wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I was interested in possibly setting up a food stall selling hot food. I think the food would do well however I don't have much to invest yet. It's something I would do in the future. I noticed the food stalls outside Dundrum town centre. Does anybody know if they do well? And how would I go about setting up in Dundrum? If someone could tell me all the steps involved and an idea of a quote to start I'd really appreciate it. Who could I talk to in Dundrum to ask about setting up there? Thank you
    This question has been asked many times on this sub. So let's start with the basics....
    What experience have you in running a food business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Dundrum is a top tier SC. You have nothing to invest. The last thing Dundrum would allow is a newbie start-up food operation. You need to get real and set an achievable goal.

Advertisement