Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skater fashion of the 00s

• 11-02-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I just randomly remembered the skater fashion from around 2000 up to 2006/2007 and i got a bit nostalgic, remember the VERY baggy jeans the hoodies with skulls, the designer shirts, the chains hanging off the trousers anyone? That avril lavigne song sk8er boi you would hear playing everyday.

I went through a little of that in my teenage years myself, anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

No. I preferred battering them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Was more of a greasy grungy creature myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Was more of a greasy grungy creature myself.

did the skater culture not derive out of a sort of mix between grunge and pop punk?

I do remember seeing the nirvana logo quite a lot with some of the skaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Skater culture when I was growing up was the roller disco in the baymount on a saturday afternoon. Probably to the tune of the Osmonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Advertisement

Oh god I hate that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was mad into that lol the baggy jeans long chain keyrings cosmic blue hair dye maxfactor panstick rings of kohl eyeliner lashed onto top waterline bottom waterline, around lash line under lash line :D
    I used to live in those like combat pants too with all the strings hanging out of them and my adidas superstars.

Then I went home to my pastel pink bedroom with matching pink sheets and curtains and Teddy’s on my bed. Total imposter.

I was mad into that lol the baggy jeans long chain keyrings cosmic blue hair dye maxfactor panstick rings of kohl eyeliner lashed onto top waterline bottom waterline, around lash line under lash line :D
    I used to live in those like combat pants too with all the strings hanging out of them and my adidas superstars.

Then I went home to my pastel pink bedroom with matching pink sheets and curtains and Teddy’s on my bed. Total imposter.

Hahaha, it always did seem like mostly a middle class teenage rebellion thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tomofson wrote: »

I went through a little of that in my teenage years myself, anyone else?

Yup,Would regularly visit the eager beaver anytime I was Dublin, great shop.

Jesus now your taking me back, is that place still open?

There was another one in Dun Laoghaire but I forget the name of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tomofson wrote: »
    Jesus now your taking me back, is that place still open?

There was another one in Dun Laoghaire but I forget the name of it.

It is I believe, in cork we had McCarty's and Primetime :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Did anyone wear those o’neills Bottoms too?
    I used to colour the white bits in with my highlighters. Folding down the waistband separated the losers from the rest of us

Did anyone wear those o’neills Bottoms too?
    I used to colour the white bits in with my highlighters. Folding down the waistband separated the losers from the rest of us

I'm a boy so no I didn't lol

Any jeans I wore back in those days where very very baggy :D

It is I believe, :D.

I am assuming they have moved on with the times and stopped selling skater clothing. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah sure it was all about the Funky Skunk, Moonshine and that shop on the Coal Quay selling army gear too.

Was well into that style myself back then, massive baggy jeans which could have doubled as a duvet set.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah sure it was all about the Funky Skunk, Moonshine and that shop on the Coal Quay selling army gear too.

Moonshine closed last year unfortunately, funky skunk is still going I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I was a skater grungy goth from the age of 13 right up to 18. Baggy jeans, those huge skater style runners, chains and strings and all kinds of crap hanging off my baggy jeans, and if it wasn't baggy jeans, it was baggy combats with about 20 pockets on them and huge hoodies.
    One of my aunts used to bring me to that shop up the top of Stephen's Green SC, can't remember the name, and she always used to laugh at us all walking around like clones, having a secret who can look the most sullen competition:pac:
    Everything was baggy and black except for all the crap hanging off my jeans, that was all different colours.

erica74 wrote: »
    I was a skater grungy goth from the age of 13 right up to 18. Baggy jeans, those huge skater style runners, chains and strings and all kinds of crap hanging off my baggy jeans, and if it wasn't baggy jeans, it was baggy combats with about 20 pockets on them and huge hoodies.
    One of my aunts used to bring me to that shop up the top of Stephen's Green SC, can't remember the name, and she always used to laugh at us all walking around like clones, having a secret who can look the most sullen competition:pac:
    Everything was baggy and black except for all the crap hanging off my jeans, that was all different colours.

Those jeans with the strings on them, where they called parachutes or something?

Advertisement