Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line down

Options
  • 11-02-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. The phone line to our house is down and lying on the ground. It seems to have come out from where it attaches to the nearest pole. As it has been on the ground it has been driven over by vehicles multiple times. Obviously our phone and Internet is out since it happened yesterday afternoon.

I have been on to tech support using the online chat function, but I'm not sure they grasped what the problem was.

I assume that this is something only your guys can fix, so is there anyway you can get this sorted from your end. Let me know who I should PM or contact if you want further details.

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

James74 wrote: »
    Hi folks. The phone line to our house is down and lying on the ground. It seems to have come out from where it attaches to the nearest pole. As it has been on the ground it has been driven over by vehicles multiple times. Obviously our phone and Internet is out since it happened yesterday afternoon.

I have been on to tech support using the online chat function, but I'm not sure they grasped what the problem was.

I assume that this is something only your guys can fix, so is there anyway you can get this sorted from your end. Let me know who I should PM or contact if you want further details.

Thanks
    James
    Hi James74, 

I'm afraid we are unable to log this from here however if you contact our dangerous plant team on 1850 245 424 they'll log this and arrange for a technician to call out to fix this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Approaching a week now with no phone or internet. The fault has been reported to eir tech support, eir customer services, eir dangerous plant line and here on the eir presence on boards. We've had no follow up, no engineers, no calls.

Genuine question to either anybody from eir or to anyone else that might know, at what stage (or is it possible) can we hold eir in breach of contract and just move on to a company that might actually be interested in communicating with their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Approaching a week now with no phone or internet. The fault has been reported to eir tech support, eir customer services, eir dangerous plant line and here on the eir presence on boards. We've had no follow up, no engineers, no calls.

Genuine question to either anybody from eir or to anyone else that might know, at what stage (or is it possible) can we hold eir in breach of contract and just move on to a company that might actually be interested in communicating with their customers.
    Hi James74 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks for the pm reply Thomas. Unfortunately your advice to ring 1901 doesn't really help me out since I do not have a functioning landline with which to call it. I'm working on a site in Derry so the only phone I have is N. Ireland mobile. Do you have a landline number I can use instead?

Thanks for the pm reply Thomas. Unfortunately your advice to ring 1901 doesn't really help me out since I do not have a functioning landline with which to call it. I'm working on a site in Derry so the only phone I have is N. Ireland mobile. Do you have a landline number I can use instead?
    You can call our customer care team from outside of the Republic of Ireland on  [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][url=tel:+35314307085]+353 1 430 7085[/url].[/font]

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Thomas, that number has now been engaged for the nearly two hours since your last post. I'm currently approaching my sixtieth (that's six-zero 60th) attempt to call that number. Every time engaged. Are you sure that is the actual correct number. Or could you get somebody to call me if I pm you my number.

Thomas, that number has now been engaged for the nearly two hours since your last post. I'm currently approaching my sixtieth (that's six-zero 60th) attempt to call that number. Every time engaged. Are you sure that is the actual correct number. Or could you get somebody to call me if I pm you my number.
    This is the correct number for calling from abroad.

Please see all options in regards to contacting us on the link below - 

https://www.eir.ie/about/contact/

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas, that link just brings me to a page that gives me the 1901 number or the interminable and useless chat black hole, which as you'll see in the first post, I've already been down.

Your previous number has now been constantly engaged for over four hours and I have now over two hundred attempts to call it.

You, for better or worse ARE my contact with eir. I need help. Please provide it. I'm at my wits end. I have two school going children, internet access and a phone line are a basic requirement. I need to know when it's going to be fixed. I need that fix done ASAP. Or I need out of my contract because you're not providing a service, so I can go elsewhere.

Thomas, that link just brings me to a page that gives me the 1901 number or the interminable and useless chat black hole, which as you'll see in the first post,  I've already been down.

Your previous number has now been constantly engaged for over four hours and I have now over two hundred attempts to call it.

You, for better or worse ARE my contact with eir. I need help. Please provide it. I'm at my wits end. I have two school going children, internet access and a phone line are a basic requirement. I need to know when it's going to be fixed. I need that fix done ASAP. Or I need out of my contract because you're not providing a service, so I can go elsewhere.
    The international customer care number is listed as a link below the number for sales. I have provided all the information possible.

Thanks

Thomas

There you go folks. The level of care that can be provided by eir on boards is non-existent. Call a number that requires a landline when the problem is the landline is down. Then... call a number that has been constantly engaged for running on three days, and that with several hundred (I swear that is not an exaggeration) attempts to call it. Now, they've just washed their hands of me.

I'm happy and eager to call them if they would provide viable method to contact them. I'm happy for them to contact me but that seems to have been rejected out of hand. If eir provide the service I'm paying for I'm happy to stay with them... I'm happy to go elsewhere if they cannot. But I'm simply getting nowhere.

The line is physically down, I have reported it to eir online chat, eir tech support, eir dangerous plant line, eir on boards. Nothing has been done. No engineer has been in touch despite being promised that this would happen. The fallen line lies on the ground between my house and the pole. Two school going children do not have Internet access. I do not have access to an operational phone line. How can you possibly think this is acceptable behaviour?

• Advertisement

There you go folks. The level of care that can be provided by eir on boards is non-existent. Call a number that requires a landline when the problem is the landline is down. Then... call a number that has been constantly engaged for running on three days, and that with several hundred (I swear that is not an exaggeration) attempts to call it. Now, they've just washed their hands of me.

I'm happy and eager to call them if they would provide viable method to contact them. I'm happy for them to contact me but that seems to have been rejected out of hand. If eir provide the service I'm paying for I'm happy to stay with them... I'm happy to go elsewhere if they cannot. But I'm simply getting nowhere.

The line is physically down, I have reported it to eir online chat, eir tech support, eir dangerous plant line, eir on boards. Nothing has been done. No engineer has been in touch despite being promised that this would happen. The fallen line lies on the ground between my house and the pole. Two school going children do not have Internet access. I do not have access to an operational phone line. How can you possibly think this is acceptable behaviour?
    Hi James74 ,

Unfortunately, we cannot investigate or troubleshoot any issues regarding your line being down, this needs to be reported to our technical support team.

We completely understand your frustrations at this time, Once again I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

This level of service is frankly disgusting.  I would not tolerate another minute of this nonsense.  Leave eir today.

Advertisement