Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way - 5 days 4 nights

Options
  • 11-02-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help. I'm planning on walking the wicklow way solo in June over 5 days and 4 nights. The plan is to do 25k or so a day depending on where accommodation is located. Ideally I would like to stay in a hostel for 1 night, camp out 2 nights and then get my wife to come down and meet me and do a hotel for 1 night.

So I guess it would be knockree hostel the first night but I need advice after that. Would the Adirondack shelters be an option based on my planned walking distances or where would people suggest camping out? Also any general tips on doing this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Gav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Look up www.wicklowway.com Lots of accommodation listed there. Hostels are thin on ground after Glendalough but B&Bs are sufficient. The Glenmalure Inn is a nice play to stay at Drumgoff if your partner is coming down. The Mountain Meitheal shelters are basic but fine to keep out of rain. Small however and on first come basis. Still need a sleeping bag and bivvy cover. Only B&B after Aughavannagh or camp/bivvy.

Advertisement