Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using location to call GSM dialer

Options
  • 11-02-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All,

I have my electric gate linked to a GSM dialer but what im wondering is can i use my location to automatically trigger my phone to dial the number.

I know its possible to set up a perimeter on IFTTT but is it possible to get it to auto dial?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Anj1813

IFTTT has only possibility to send TXTs in other countries than USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Anj1813 wrote: »
    IFTTT has only possibility to send TXTs in other countries than USA.

Yeah, but I think he wants ifttt to get his phone to send the text

He wants "to dial the number".

He wants "to dial the number".

Ok, same thing , the call is from his own phone triggered by ifftt is what he is looking for

Ok, same thing , the call is from his own phone triggered by ifftt is what he is looking for

I dont understand you. I use IFTTT to send txt if my phone is in my area. I use txt because calls are not available in Ireland. Txt is not for free. Calls could be free in my case. So it makes a difference txt or call.

• Advertisement

I dont understand you. I use IFTTT to send txt if my phone is in my area. I use txt because calls are not available in Ireland. Txt is not for free. Calls could be free in my case. So it makes a difference txt or call.

No what I am saying is, and the op may well clarify. Is that he wants ifttt to trigger his phone to make a phone call to his automatic gate.

And I just realised the op is 9 months old :-)

Advertisement