Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in to Dromheath/Castlecurragh area

Options
  • 11-02-2018 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

We are thinking about moving in to the Dromheath/Castlecurragh area and I was wondering would any of you have any thoughts on how is it there? Prefereably if you live there or close by.
    I read some advices but they are from years ago and I was wondering has anything changed since. It seemed to be rather unsafe few years back.
    I am just wondering will it be comfortable enough to go for a walk with the dog in the late evening? Or generally any insight into it would be great.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm in Castlecurragh Heath for nearly 15 years now and it's grand. It's big place so maybe there are pockets of the estate with problems but overall I think it's ok. I don't think it was ever unsafe though. I walk my dogs all the time, including the evening and have never had any issues (apart from the odd dog let out on it's own - but no people problems!)

I remember a thread a few years back and a lot of the negative comments were of the "I've heard...." variety so you can take from that what you want.

Don't know anything about Dromheath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I wouldn't go near Dromheath. I have friends in Castlecurragh and they can't wait to leave. Personally I witnessed a drug deal outside the spar at lunchtime.

Either place is not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You could witness a drug deal anywhere at any time of day...

I have friends who live in both and have no problems. I'd pick Castlecurragh over Dromheath but that's just because the houses are newer/have downstairs toilets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 picizau

Thanks. I am just curious how it is. Just as the first reply said I’ve heard a lot and was just wondering how is it really.
    I would rather not move in to a place where I would be afraid to walk alone late evening from work etc.
    I had some bad experiences while I lived in Donaghmede years ago. But I think safety in Dublin generally improved over the last years. Thus wanted to check if its the same experience for people living in those parts of Mulhuddart.

Drug dealing sounds bit worrying. I am still a bit afraid of overly brave teenagers after my experience few years back.

amtc wrote: »
    I wouldn't go near Dromheath. I have friends in Castlecurragh and they can't wait to leave. Personally I witnessed a drug deal outside the spar at lunchtime.

Either place is not great.

Just looking back to the last thread about Castlecurragh and that drug deal you mention happened in June 2013, unless you've spotted another one since?

• Advertisement

Yep. St. Stephen's Day 2017. Teenagers on bicycles meeting a car behind the Spar. I rang the guards and gave a statement in January.

amtc wrote: »
    Yep. St. Stephen's Day 2017. Teenagers on bicycles meeting a car behind the Spar. I rang the guards and gave a statement in January.

So 2 drug deals then. And I take it you're not a regular around there? And I've never seen any in 15 years.

I was dropping a friend home. She lives in Castlecurragh Heath and was in the Spar. She pointed thd people out to me. I'm not a vigilante cop!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

I used to live there and liked it, I can't remember having any problems. Quiet area and close to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Uglysoik1

I'm in Castlecurragh Heath for nearly 15 years now and it's grand. It's big place so maybe there are pockets of the estate with problems but overall I think it's ok. I don't think it was ever unsafe though. I walk my dogs all the time, including the evening and have never had any issues (apart from the odd dog let out on it's own - but no people problems!)

I remember a thread a few years back and a lot of the negative comments were of the "I've heard...." variety so you can take from that what you want.

Don't know anything about Dromheath.

Hi was wondering if you could help me. I know this post is over 2 years old. I'm sale agreed in one of the duplexes in Castlecurragh heath.

I'd like to ask these questions:
    How soundproofed are the walls?
    How safe is the area these days etc..?
    what's included in the management fees?
    Anything else would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement