Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted App won’t reinstall...?

Options
  • 11-02-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I deleted the BBC iPlayer app because I kept getting the message (when trying to open it) that it needed updating to work with iOS 11.

No, when I go to it in the App Store, it says Open rather than Get.

If I click Open, it opens, but it hen I close it again, I can’t see it on my phone.

Should it be there? Or should I be able to download it again somehow?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Dinarius wrote: »
    I deleted the BBC iPlayer app because I kept getting the message (when trying to open it) that it needed updating to work with iOS 11.

No, when I go to it in the App Store, it says Open rather than Get.

If I click Open, it opens, but it hen I close it again, I can’t see it on my phone.

Should it be there? Or should I be able to download it again somehow?

Thanks.

D.

Had that with something recently and one of two steps fixed it (albeit I can't remember which it was).

1. Power down the phone, turn it back on again and see will it download
    2. Sign out of your App store account (Settings > iTunes and App Store), sign back in and try to download the App again

If neither of those work, check if the app is actually still available on the App Store.

Advertisement