Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poly-carbonate Polytunnel

Options
  • 11-02-2018 9:51pm

Ive been looking at getting a polytunnel for a while now and I came across these polycarbonate types.

Im after something 3m x 10m and have a budget of around €2000

http://www.mygreenhouse.ie/product/classic-polycarbonate-polytunnel

I think I would prefer this type to the "normal" type.

Has anyone any experience of

a) polycarbonate polytunnels

b) the company that Ive linked?

Any advice/suggestions most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

It is worth checking with them how the polycarbonate is fixed to the frame ie in the middle of it or clips.

I got an 8*6 which was clip fitted and badly designed, the bolts for the diagonal supports were in the middle of the panes. One very windy day the missus rang to say one was missing(guessing wind got up the back where the bolt was and blew the pane out from the back. When I got home three big panels were gone, blown over 6ft wall and not in neighbours so I had to take all panes off.

I had to buy more panes a load of strips of treated wood longers bolts and nuts and drill through the panel to secure it in place with wood stopping them blowing out, took me a good day to do but no bother since.

Thanks Shemale.

I cant find any reviews/info of either polycarbonate polytunnels (not greenhouses) or the company in question.

Im thinking of the usual "normal" plastic type now.

Has anyone experience of Colm Warren polytunnels?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Advertisement