Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepay power.ie

Options
  • 12-02-2018 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Cannot wait to be away from these thiefs. I decided to switch back to bord gais for electric. Made the switch a few days ago so just waiting for it to be finalised. In the meantime, prepay power are sending both me and my husband texts saying they 'don't want to lose us' as customers and 'please let me give you free credit' as a way to show how 'much we value your custom'. If you valued our custom you would not be robbing us blind. Several times I've put 20euro into either the gas or the electric meters and almost half taken away instantly for 'charges'. Its crazy. 120euro a month in electricity and we are very careful with turning off stuff. Should they harass us in this way when we want to move? and how do they get away with robbing us. Really want the gas changed back to bord gais too but prepaypower took away the meter. So have to wait :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

not sure how people get sucked in by them. the rates are very obvious that you will be paying more. crazy
    as for sending letters asking you to stay. I'm sure that's in the Ts and Cs . unless its excessive and harassment then I'm guessing there isn't a lot you can do only tell them your not interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Because they offer large amounts of free electric 70euros worth if you stay. I won't get suckered in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

ESB charge the same unit rate to prepaid customers and give €150 credit when joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

lukesmom wrote: »
    Because they offer large amounts of free electric 70euros worth if you stay. I won't get suckered in again.

They gave my brother €150 to stay. He took it as was to lazy to check bonkers or the like for something better.

Advertisement