Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gullivers Business Parl Santry - New Shop?

Options
  • 12-02-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all, anyone know whats going in beside homebase in Gullivers business park Santry. I know there is planning permission approved for a large retail store going in there but just wondering if anyone knew the store? As of last week i can see there is some work going on in there..laying of tiles, putting up lights etc..
    Cheers
    Seamus..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Could it be another LIDL?
    Santry is listed in this article as a new location for this year.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/lidl-to-make-record-200m-investment-in-ireland-this-year-36589440.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lidl have used units there on and off for warehouse clearances so they'd be high on the likely list anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hopefully that'd take some of the traffic pressure off Omni...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SeamusHollahan

Hi spurious i think you are right on the lidl...the tiles they are putting down are those beige ones u only see in lidl/aldi. Will be great as i live nearby to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SeamusHollahan

Hi all,an update to the lidl store opening in Santry:

“The planning process in Ireland is a lengthy one and so we looked at options where we could possibly open a store in the area sooner rather than later.

“Gulliver’s Retail Park has presented us with such an opportunity, in a very accessible location.

http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/northsidewest/articles/2018/02/13/4152015-lidl-reveals-new-store/

Seems very strange that they will open the store in Santry whilst committing to opening the main store in Ballymun which is 1.3 kilometres away. Do they think that the ballymun store might not go ahead???

Cheers
    S

• Advertisement
Advertisement