Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options to transfer the balance payment for a house

Options
  • 12-02-2018 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Anyone have any information on the best way to transfer the balance payment for a house. Transferring online isn't the best as I would have to transfer the limit every day for the next x number of days. Is there a limit on the amount you can pay by cheque? I still have a cheque book so hope that is the easiest method. Is there a limit if I go into the bank and ask them to transfer it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Anyone have any information on the best way to transfer the balance payment for a house. Transferring online isn't the best as I would have to transfer the limit every day for the next x number of days. Is there a limit on the amount you can pay by cheque? I still have a cheque book so hope that is the easiest method. Is there a limit if I go into the bank and ask them to transfer it?
    Thanks
    Hi captainshamroc,

thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

You're more than welcome to write a cheque, once you have the funds available in your account when you write it. We'd advise that you contact your solicitor to make sure they will accept the payment by cheque as it will need time to clear.

If you'd prefer to make an account transfer, you can call into any branch with counter service. Please bring your Photo ID, and the payee account details.

There is no limit for either payment method.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Thanks
    Hi captainshamroc,

thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

You're more than welcome to write a cheque, once you have the funds available in your account when you write it. We'd advise that you contact your solicitor to make sure they will accept the payment by cheque as it will need time to clear.

If you'd prefer to make an account transfer, you can call into any branch with counter service. Please bring your Photo ID, and the payee account details.

There is no limit for either payment method.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Perfect. Thanks for the reply Jane.

Advertisement