Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invaluable for any simracer

• 12-02-2018 12:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seriously guys if your a simracer watch this ,take it in and bookmark it.
    I cannot stress enough the importance of a correct or close to correct FOV in your sims.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Very useful Dcully, everyone should understand the importance of this, I would point out, as Empty box does, use what works for you though, get it exact and then tweak it a little. Having spent years messing about with this on all sims i've given up with using the exact settings.

My central monitor is 55cm from my eyes, yet every time I input this setting the FOV focuses miles down the track, now corners all look like hairpins, and its also very difficult to detect when you enter a slide as the view moves very little latterally.

There is also the issue with getting your physical wheel to not look enormous or tiny in the virtual cockpit as well as trying to line up the cockpit instrumentation within the inside of your wheel.

unfortunately there is n easy fix for all these variables. our pass time has come a long way, these little niggles drive me mad though, hoping to have VR by the end of the year, this should solve all of them :)

Advertisement