Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish army cadets psychometric test

• 12-02-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask about the psychometric test and see what the questions look like. I seen a few boards about the psychometric test but they all seem to differ and the most recent one I could get any useful information from was from 2014.

So can anyone who has done the psychometric test recently for army/navy cadets inform me on the type of questions that are being asked and any tips on how I could prepare myself for it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Last time I did it was 2016 and it had been simplified from previous years. It's a series of mathematical and verbal reasoning tests designed to assess your competency in maths and English language as well as, if I recall correctly, some logical type tests where you have to put shapes in sequence and things like that. There are prep courses you'll see advertised on Facebook and the like. Whether they'll actually make you better or not, they might help settle your head if you're on the right track. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Last time I did it was 2016 and it had been simplified from previous years. It's a series of mathematical and verbal reasoning tests designed to assess your competency in maths and English language as well as, if I recall correctly, some logical type tests where you have to put shapes in sequence and things like that. There are prep courses you'll see advertised on Facebook and the like. Whether they'll actually make you better or not, they might help settle your head if you're on the right track. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info, were you able to get through to the next stages? Just wanted to find out more information about the medical that is done as well

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, were you able to get through to the next stages? Just wanted to find out more information about the medical that is done as well

Yeah, I did. The medical is fairly straightforward. Everything they're looking for is available on the terms and conditions really. Height, weight, bloods, urine, eyesight, hearing, lung spirometry and ECG, no flat feet or major skin problems you should be fine.

Ye I checked the terms and conditions for previous years, Can you remember the tests they've done for your eye sight? I had laser eye surgery done last year and in their T&C's they say they don't accept people with laser eye surgery, but I found threads from previous years where people had laser eye surgery done and got through the medical no problem for the cadets without mentioning they had it done.

They test your visual acuity and colour vision as well as any major astigmatism or eye defects as far as I recall.

• Advertisement

sounds good, looks I will be fine if I don't mention the laser surgery to them

Advertisement