Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vatican cannot afford to pay for Pope visit??

Options
  • 12-02-2018 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the correct place to post this.
    Sorry if not.

Just wondering if its true that the Pope is expecting tax payers or large companies to sponsor his visit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

There's a big difference between being unable to pay and choosing not to pay.

I would imagine it's the later that applies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Lol, nice one,

They have the arrogance and audacity of even suggesting it....That makes my blood boil,
    we're still waiting for an unconditional apology for the past victims of child abuse

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Hope this is the correct place to post this.
    Sorry if not.

Just wondering if its true that the Pope is expecting tax payers or large companies to sponsor his visit?
    the SBP reported that and I think the archbishop has suggested the government might contribute but what I want to know if its entirely a prvate visit to a church conference or its state visit, if its state visit we should pay whats required if not we should much the least amount to provide for security.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Does the visited state usually pay if its a public visit.?

the SBP reported that and I think the archbishop has suggested the government might contribute but what I want to know if its entirely a prvate visit to a church conference or its state visit, if its state visit we should pay whats required if not we should much the least amount to provide for security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Does the visited state usually pay if its a public visit.?
    more then if it were private

Advertisement