Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive experience with rural rollout..

Options
  • 12-02-2018 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I seem to have had a different experience than most posters here, and need to share.
    In a rural setting watching KN vans at the junctions, I get a call to door from EIR sales.
    He states that there is a broadband wire waiting outside to get in to my house and sort all of our connectivity and speed problems……..if I change over to EIR.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I did not have to remind him that I am with Vodafone and that surely they can supply the same, as EIR do not have a monopoly anymore? 
    He did not state, against competition rules, that I will get it much, much, faster by changing over to EIR.
    I called EIR last October, and to be sure, they said I was fit for connection, signed me up, made me feel on top of the world, and arranged for KN to come out.
    KN called me and arranged a time and arrived exactly as promised, first time, so I did not have to take 3 other half days off work on subsequent weeks, and spend the waiting time begging for someone to call me back on phone.

KN pushed their rods though the underground channel and connected me up. 
    They did not make a half-arsed attempt, claim a solid blockage stating I would have to excavate my drive and drive off, leaving me to push my own rods through and sort it out.
    They did not then return after a few weeks and realise another problem on the external road and did not now put in a planning request in to dig up 20 metres of road.
    It was not a case that I pointed out a connection on pole up the road, where my node could be re-allocated to (via EIR software), so avoiding this road excavation. 
    It was not like he told me that the only way to avoid the 20 metre road excavation and get EIR to allocate a different node (via EIR software)was to have a strong political connection.
    It was not like they have now changed dates again and pushed out the road excavation to March.

So, all in; simple as sign-up, cup of tea with KN, GB’s of data, and €50 back………..[/font]
     �7 �2_:gx 
    [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Andrea B. wrote: »

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I seem to have had a different experience than most posters here, and need to share.
    In a rural setting watching KN vans at the junctions, I get a call to door from EIR sales.
    He states that there is a broadband wire waiting outside to get in to my house and sort all of our connectivity and speed problems……..if I change over to EIR.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I did not have to remind him that I am with Vodafone and that surely they can supply the same, as EIR do not have a monopoly anymore? 
    He did not state, against competition rules, that I will get it much, much, faster by changing over to EIR.
    I called EIR last October, and to be sure, they said I was fit for connection, signed me up, made me feel on top of the world, and arranged for KN to come out.
    KN called me and arranged a time and arrived exactly as promised, first time, so I did not have to take 3 other half days off work on subsequent weeks, and spend the waiting time begging for someone to call me back on phone.

KN pushed their rods though the underground channel and connected me up. 
    They did not make a half-arsed attempt, claim a solid blockage stating I would have to excavate my drive and drive off, leaving me to push my own rods through and sort it out.
    They did not then return after a few weeks and realise another problem on the external road and did not now put in a planning request in to dig up 20 metres of road.
    It was not a case that I pointed out a connection on pole up the road, where my node could be re-allocated to (via EIR software), so avoiding this road excavation. 
    It was not like he told me that the only way to avoid the 20 metre road excavation and get EIR to allocate a different node (via EIR software)was to have a strong political connection.
    It was not like they have now changed dates again and pushed out the road excavation to March.

So, all in; simple as sign-up, cup of tea with KN, GB’s of data, and €50 back………..[/font]
     �7 �2_:gx 
    [/font]
    Hi Andrea B., 

I'm glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with us. Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time to let us know. 

Have a nice day :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

S03E06-aBCe6nGI-subtitled.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Andrea B. wrote: »
    S03E06-aBCe6nGI-subtitled.jpg[/quote

Feel free to PM me your details and I can investigate your issue. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement