Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goods not as advertised online

Options
  • 12-02-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I purchased a north face puffer jacket of this website http://www.vibroget.com/the-north-face-c-6.html, the jacket arrived today but it is not as advertised at all. The jacket itself is not a northface jacket it is a completely different brand and it is not even a puffer jacket. I have messaged the website but i havent heard back from them. Is their anyway i would be able to get a refund or even report this website as i paid 140 euro and i am extremely disappointed with what i was sent. I have attached photos of the jackets and you can see the difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Its likely just a mistake.
    Let them know through their customer support and they will probably ship you a new one asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Their login and checkout pages are not secure, (no padlock and no https in address bar), not a good idea to buy from non secure websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Site looks a little dodgy in general. When buying from a new site it's always worth doing a quick google to see if there are any online reviews for the site. If you don't hear back soon I'd get onto your bank about a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Site is dodgy as hell, you're lucky you got anything at all. Credit card chargeback time.

All the usual signs of the Chinese branded clothes scammers - domain makes no sense and was previously a different site entirely; huge range of products and implausible discounts. No contact details anywhere, no SSL. Fake social media buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Their login and checkout pages are not secure, (no padlock and no https in address bar), not a good idea to buy from non secure websites.
    Also no address / physical contact information / telephone number, or even any indication of what country they're in, no information about the company itself etc. etc. Looks well dodgy to me.

Also according to https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/vibroget.com they're hiding behind an anonymous service PrivacyProtect.org to hide the real owners of the domain.

I'd be cancelling my credit card and getting a new one too if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Id be more worried about my card details being compromised as its a non secure site

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If they don't replace it there is not a lot you can do.

As far as I know once you shop outside of the EU you have no consumer rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Definitely cancel that credit card OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

....... wrote: »
    Hardly, what the OP received bore no resemblance whatsoever to what was ordered, certainly no attempt made to make it look like a genuine North Face jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP, find your nerdiest relative and have them give you lessons in online shopping. Very foolish actions on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Did you first come across this site as an advert on Facebook?
    My scam criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Cancel that card immediately, try get a charge back and remember if it seems to good to be true it usually is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Nothing spelled correctly, no contact details, ridiculous discounts, keyword repetition everywhere, completely different company name/logo at the top of every other page.

At some point did you not say..."Something looks fishy here!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Sorry OP

You've been had. Call credit card company ASAP ask for charge back & to have your card cancelled

Yes - the checkout page has no SSL so the card data is not encrypted, if it's sent to a remote payment gateway. Also entierly possible that the cards details are stored onsite. Either way, the domain was created last August and whoever registered paid to hide their contact details, as well as not including them on the site. Cancel your card, and do a small bit of research on the common scamming techniques. It's easy to get caught, but easy to avoid most of them too, if you know what to look for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Everything about the site screams scam and a quick google search would have told you almost definitely based in China

Advertisement