Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Chapelizod

Options
  • 12-02-2018 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone living in Chapelizod? Would you recommend it as a place to live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

I don’t think this is really a personal problem but it’s a lovely village and close to town and th Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It's a hidden gem. So close to the city but hidden away.

It has downfalls, as does any other place. Parking is a problem. There is a lot of traffic going to and from Knockmaroon Hill through the village all day every day. The bus service is good and plentiful but is often packed at rush hour.

There are two pubs. The Villager and the Mullingar House. A Spar, a pharmacy and a dry cleaners. That's it really. But Liffey Valley is ten minutes away on the bus/car. Town is twenty minutes or so outside of rush hour.

The Phoenix Park is on the doorstep as is the Liffey walk to the Memorial Park.

If you like the quiet life it will be fine. If you have a car make sure you have parking.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 orla50

Thanks very much Spanish Eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Apart from the traffic it's actually a grand little spot. It's used as a route to avoid the toll

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

There are two pubs. The Villager and the Mullingar House. A Spar, a pharmacy and a dry cleaners. That's it really.
    Hey, we've a tanning salon too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I used to get pints delivered through my window from the old villager, loved that place.

Advertisement