Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge for Change of Ownership €540 Euro

Options
  • 12-02-2018 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Im just off the phone to Eir Business support there. I have two number on a business account which I am looking to split into two separate accounts. They are in contract and Im happy to continue to pay the contract but in order to separate the two accounts Ill need to pay a fee of €540 euro? 

Can I not simply change the owner of the number and the bank details it pays out of? Why is it such hassle? Surely this is a common request. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Riamfada wrote: »
    Hi,

Im just off the phone to Eir Business support there. I have two number on a business account which I am looking to split into two separate accounts. They are in contract and Im happy to continue to pay the contract but in order to separate the two accounts Ill need to pay a fee of €540 euro? 

Can I not simply change the owner of the number and the bank details it pays out of? Why is it such hassle? Surely this is a common request. 
    Hi Riamfada ,

The mobiles are set up on the same account originally, in order to split them into two separate accounts while in contract, you would need to cancel one and set up again on a new contract.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for coming back to me. Having worked in O2 and been a customer of both O2 and Eir for years I cant for the life of me figure this out. 

a) Set up new account & direct debit
    b) Move number to new account
    c) Two separate accounts

It seems like a simple request. Ill unfortunately have to take future business elsewhere, perhaps you could pass my feedback up the chain? 

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thanks,
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Riamfada wrote: »
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for coming back to me. Having worked in O2 and been a customer of both O2 and Eir for years I cant for the life of me figure this out. 

a) Set up new account & direct debit
    b) Move number to new account
    c) Two separate accounts

It seems like a simple request. Ill unfortunately have to take future business elsewhere, perhaps you could pass my feedback up the chain? 

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thanks,
    R
    I completely understand your frustrations here and I'm sorry to hear this. 

I'm afraid there is no more we can do in relation to this, this is the standard procedure. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement