Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Repair Sligo

• 12-02-2018 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Wondering has anyone any recommendations for any PC shops to repair a Macbook (Specifically water damage on a logic board).
    Ive been talking to repair Zone in Sligo town, they do free diagnostics. Wondering are there other options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I know someone who has one in for repair at the moment for water damage on the logic board. Think its 3 weeks at this stage and still not done.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

Thanks for the feedback, that dosent sound great. Did the job turn in to a bigger one once they started going at it or it just hasnt been looked at yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Thanks for the feedback, that dosent sound great. Did the job turn in to a bigger one once they started going at it or it just hasnt been looked at yet?

Originally the logic board, but the last I heard there was some other part needed on top of that, I think the cost was somewhere in the region of €300

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

Ya well, I wouldnt be surprised too much about the price. 

I have seen similar  quotes for this type of work, thing that's worrying though is the length of time its taking to fix. 

Wouldn't be too happy if its just the logic board needed to swap and its taken the guts of a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Narret

Hi guys maybe you can try call to the shop and actually try services shop offers instead of mocking them on boards...when you are replacing board from water damage it doesn't take long once the board is in stock but that is the last think to look for ( as the prices are so high and main boards are usually second hand and they could be already fixed ) so first think to do is try repair whats damaged and it takes time to do that also it takes time to locate all the smd parts specially for mac books. Diagnostic is free and NO the damage will not be greater after we will be AT THE JOB. You get small repair and big repairs some takes time to do some not as much time. Mechatronical from what you stated on facebook you dont need replace the whole board but only battery management chip , but to be sure diagnostics need to be done first. Have nice day

• Advertisement
Advertisement