Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to cabra

Options
  • 12-02-2018 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there
    I am thinking of buying a house on either
    Killala Road or
    Drumcliffe Road
    Can anyone from Cabra tell me if these are safe areas to move to
    I saw some horses on the green near Killala once. But later in the day they were gone.
    I know someone was once shot in the area in 2016 but with the feud it seems that there’s no where in the city that hasn’t been touched by it so I don’t think it’s a reflection on the area?

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Hi there
    I am thinking of buying a house on either
    Killala Road or
    Carnlough Road
    Can anyone from Cabra tell me if these are safe areas to move to
    I saw some horses on the green near Killala once. But later in the day they were gone.
    I know someone was once shot in the area in 2016 but with the feud it seems that there’s no where in the city that hasn’t been touched by it so I don’t think it’s a reflection on the area?

Any advice welcome.

Cabra is fine for the most part, few bad eggs etc etc.. As for someone getting shot? Statistically, Clontarf has had more fatal shootings than Cabra in the last decade. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corkviadublin

Cabra is fine for the most part, few bad eggs etc etc.. As for someone getting shot? Statistically, Clontarf has had more fatal shootings than Cabra in the last decade. Make of that what you will.

Thanks a mill. You’re right. I’m just nervous.
    I’m sure they’re lovely people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Carnlough is perfectly fine not familiar with Killala.

January wrote: »
    Carnlough is perfectly fine not familiar with Killala.

That’s probably a good sign maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Carnlough area is fine.

North of Fassaugh ave is quieter than south of it.

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Carnlough area is fine.

North of Fassaugh ave is quieter than south of it.

It’s killala by Drumcliffe

I can PM you when you have 25 posts but not going to post much here.

Be grand they said.

Google horse in cabra pub.

It's a pity you weren't in the market to buy last year, ya have the Luas now.

Be grand they said.

Obviously somebody had a bad experience in cabra. The oasis doesn't keep the lights on from passing trade,so that reference is totally irrelevant. Cabra is a very desirable place to live for anybody working in the city centre. Don't scare the op off. The link alone suggests you've never set foot there in your life. Apologies if the above sounds in some way confrontational, but I'm just saying how it is.
    Edit. Your obviously familiar with the area, so wipe the part where I said you never set foot in the place. Apologies jeff.

• Advertisement

Obviously somebody had a bad experience in cabra. The oasis doesn't keep the lights on from passing trade,so that reference is totally irrelevant. Cabra is a very desirable place to live for anybody working in the city centre. Don't scare the op off. The link alone suggests you've never set foot there in your life. Apologies if the above sounds in some way confrontational, but I'm just saying how it is.
    Edit. Your obviously familiar with the area, so wipe the part where I said you never set foot in the place. Apologies jeff.

Yeah,horses live at the back of the shops/pub.
    I think the horse won a race that day and after being out the back was brought throught the pub.

I'd say over all go for it to the OP.

Yeah,horses live at the back of the shops/pub.
    I think the horse won a race that day and after being out the back was brought throught the pub.

I'd say over all go for it to the OP.

The horse definitely won that day, the best sessions are when someone takes you to the pub unexpectedly. The chipper next door is one of the best, if not the best on the good side of the Liffey!

Be grand they said.

Pm whenever you can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I live round the corner in Phibsboro.. and I also grew up in Phibsboro. In my youth caves was a bit dodgy (imo) but since I've moved back I think it's lovely. Lots of shopping..close to town...luas on your door step..i wouldn't have any issues living there..lovely people .. real Dublin. You'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Advertisement