Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Activation

Options
  • 12-02-2018 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

My credit card is due to expire at the end of February. I got a new card in the post last week. When I went to use it this evening it was declined!

Do I need to activate it? The letter it came with didn't mention anything about activation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

My credit card is due to expire at the end of February. I got a new card in the post last week. When I went to use it this evening it was declined!

Do I need to activate it? The letter it came with didn't mention anything about activation.
    Hi Squall Leonhart,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear this.

Can you let us know if the card was declined at a point of sale or making an online transaction? Can you let us know if you're abroad at the moment?

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Hi Squall Leonhart,

Can you let us know if the card was declined at a point of sale or making an online transaction? Can you let us know if you're abroad at the moment?

Thanks again,
    Jane
    I was at a self-service check out in a supermarket here in Ireland, at which point it was declined, so I used my debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi Squall Leonhart,

Thanks again,
    Jane
    I was at a self-service check out in a supermarket here in Ireland, at which point it was declined, so I used my debit card.
    Hi Squall Leonhart,

thanks for coming back to us.

We'd advise that you call the credit card team on 0818 251 251 and they'll be more than happy to check this out for you.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane.

Advertisement