Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr

Options
  • 12-02-2018 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I brought it to the attention of a member of staff within my local bank that I had been charged notified quarterly fees at the beginning of the year. When in the previous months I had switched to a student account, having enrolled in full time education and was insured I wouldn't be charged furthermore for the use of my account.

To my dismay when going for lunch I was left in the scenario when I couldn't in fact pay for lunch as moneys had been taken from my STUDENT ACC. As mentioned I brought it to the attention of staff, asked about it again a week later and was told, "the request has been made, it takes a bit of time". I've yet to be reimbursed my fees amount. Along with being charged a government ATM Duty in the meantime.

I find it amusing that when a bank wants, "their" money they take it when they feel like it but yet when, they're in the wrong, " it takes a bit of time".

It's not a huge amount clearly, it's the principle I stand by in this matter and it's just left a bad taste in my mouth in the manner in which/how banks operate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

ATM Duty is charged by the government. The bank can't waive it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi, I brought it to the attention of a member of staff within my local bank that I had been charged notified quarterly fees at the beginning of the year. When in the previous months I had switched to a student account, having enrolled in full time education and was insured I wouldn't be charged furthermore for the use of my account.

To my dismay when going for lunch I was left in the scenario when I couldn't in fact pay for lunch as moneys had been taken from my STUDENT ACC. As mentioned I brought it to the attention of staff, asked about it again a week later and was told, "the request has been made, it takes a bit of time". I've yet to be reimbursed my fees amount. Along with being charged a government ATM Duty in the meantime.

I find it amusing that when a bank wants, "their" money they take it when they feel like it but yet when, they're in the wrong, " it takes a bit of time".

It's not a huge amount clearly, it's the principle I stand by in this matter and it's just left a bad taste in my mouth in the manner in which/how banks operate.
    Hi No8Keith2018,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy.

If you have been dealing with a staff member in relation to a refund, please be assured a refund will be processed for you soon if promised.

The Government Stamp Duty is a Duty applied by the government, and cant be waived by the Bank of Ireland. This is not a bank charge. We are obliged to collect this on behalf of the Government. Please see here for more information.

If you don't receive your refund, you can raise this as a formal complaint. Please see here for more information on our complaints procedure.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 6 No8Keith2018

I made this error apparent weeks ago and it still has not been rectified. How long does it take for an issue to be dealt with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

I made this error apparent weeks ago and it still has not been rectified. How long does it take for an issue to be dealt with ?

Ask for the banks complaint procedure and make sure you get a ticket number. Crazy they can do this and ignore you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi No8Keith2018.

If you'd like to check up on this, you can send a message through 365 online at the service desk, by choosing to Ask a Question, and an advisor will check this with your account holding branch.

Alternatively, you can send us a PM by clicking on the link below my name. Please include your name as it appears on your account, your account holding branch, and if you know, the name of the person you were dealing with in your branch. Please do not include any account numbers.

I've already given the complaints link in my last reply should you wish to raise this as a formal complaint.

Thanks again,

Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement