Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bohermeen Half

Options
  • 12-02-2018 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

About 7/8 of the 2017 DCM Novices/ Graduates are heading to the now nearly sold out Bohermeen Half. It'd be nice to say hello to any more of ye who are heading to the Royal county. I hear it's a nice flat course so hopefully not much need for advice on the course. Who's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

skyblue46 wrote: »
    About 7/8 of the 2017 DCM Novices/ Graduates are heading to the now nearly sold out Bohermeen Half. It'd be nice to say hello to any more of ye who are heading to the Royal county. I hear it's a nice flat course so hopefully not much need for advice on the course. Who's going?

I’ll be there. First of 5 HM’s by May 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I’ll be there. First of 5 HM’s by May 6th.

Wow, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I'm registered for the 10k; anyone know what the course is like?? Is it a good race in general? Thanks in advance.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I'm registered for the 10k; anyone know what the course is like?? Is it a good race in general? Thanks in advance.

Course is reported to be relatively flat and fast. Half is two laps of the 10k plus a bit. I've heard it's well run but it will be my first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Was just about to sign up for the 10k but went the whole hog and entered the half. Eek! Still find the half distance challenging (having only done the one up to now) but had a good experience at the Trim 10 so hoping I'm getting my groove back :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 AlFoley

Looking forward to this. Didn't have a great Trim 10 mile so hoping Bohermeen will go a bit better! Last race before Brighton Marathon in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Yup I'm running too. Did the half for first time last year and got a PB. As above its a well run race fast and flat
    Part of my build up to Manchester Marathon early April so looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

It's a great half. Flat course but keep in mind if it's a windy day there are places that are exposed especially on the straight sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Full :(

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Full :(

Yeah there were only 13 places left at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Yup I'm running too. Did the half for first time last year and got a PB. As above its a well run race fast and flat
    Part of my build up to Manchester Marathon early April so looking forward to it

Are you racing it, given that it's only 4 weeks before Manchester?

Are you racing it, given that it's only 4 weeks before Manchester?

Yeah I know it's close. Better if it was a week or two earlier. Not a good idea to race it??

Yeah I know it's close. Better if it was a week or two earlier. Not a good idea to race it??

I'm in the same boat. I think it's just a bit too close to Manchester to go all out. I'd hate to undo all the hard work chasing a PB that's not a target race. My plan is to run it at MP and just use it as a dress rehearsal.

I'm in the same boat. I think it's just a bit too close to Manchester to go all out. I'd hate to undo all the hard work chasing a PB that's not a target race. My plan is to run it at MP and just use it as a dress rehearsal.

Yeah plan now is to use it for a PMP
    Enjoy it and be fresh for the last long run the following week :)

Yeah plan now is to use it for a PMP
    Enjoy it and be fresh for the last long run the following week :)

What's your PMP?

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours... ;)

Hoping to get around in 8.15 m/mile -ish
    So if I can get around Manchester anywhere under 3.40 I'd be a happy bunny
    How about you?

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours... ;)

Hoping to get around in 8.15 m/mile -ish
    So if I can get around Manchester anywhere under 3.40 I'd be a happy bunny
    How about you?

Haha...if I was doing Manchester, or any other marathon, shortly I would be aiming for that exact pace. But I'm not so will be aiming for 1:36 or 7:20 per mile. It feels a bit optimistic but it's the time of year to test the system. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Anyone know what pacers they will have- couldn’t see on any poster?
    Thanks

Dealerz wrote: »
    Anyone know what pacers they will have- couldn’t see on any poster?
    Thanks

There will be. They said they'll have more detail soon.

The weather has made some balls of my training for this. Havent got out since Tuesday and looking very dodgy for last long run tomorrow.

I’m hardly the only one in that boat am I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

The weather has made some balls of my training for this. Havent got out since Tuesday and looking very dodgy for last long run tomorrow.

Running the CPC Loop same day in The Hague and haven’t been out since Tuesday either. Missing a long run at this stage isn’t going to ruin your race, trust the training till now and you’ll be fine. The extra rest will do no harm.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Not too worried. A couple of short runs during the week to waken up the legs and all should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Am in the same boat, but not too worried about it because I'm not chasing a time really, just a PB which I'll definitely get. However, I plan to either do the long run outdoors tomorrow (weather permitting) or if that doesn't work out for me, as painful as it will be, I'll go to the local gym and do it.

Looks like I will get out in the morning after all thankfully. 10 miles will suffice.

Thankfully got out for 10.5 miles this morning. My god my knee was sore was for the last 500m but hopefully with calf stretches (tight!) and ice it will be ok for Sunday.

Anyone got any tips for parking etc? I've never attended this run before.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If anyone's looking for entry let me know. I've signed up but won't be making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

Has anyone received their numbers in the post yet? Not arrived my end yet but presume weather will have a delay in them getting out.

Has anyone received their numbers in the post yet? Not arrived my end yet but presume weather will have a delay in them getting out.

No, nothing yet. Like you say there's probably a bit of a weather related slowdown in An Post

I received mine today.

• Advertisement

Was there an option to get it posted out to you when we registered? Because I cant remember registering to be honest.

Or they just posting to everyone?

Advertisement