Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bohermeen Half

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Was there an option to get it posted out to you when we registered? Because I cant remember registering to be honest.

Or they just posting to everyone?

I think they're posting out to everyone. That's the impression I got from the email.

"
    Your race number will be posted to the address you provided when registering online. You will receive your number no later than Wednesday the 7th of March. If for some reason your number does not arrive do not worry as we can re issue you a new number and delete your missing number from the system."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Was there an option to get it posted out to you when we registered? Because I cant remember registering to be honest.

Or they just posting to everyone?

Mine hasn't arrived yet either...I'll worry on Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Mine hasn't arrived yet either...I'll worry on Thursday or Friday.

They'll def have a contingency plan anyway. But I'll be heading early if it doesn't arrive.

The email said to expect them by Wed. If that's the case, they only needed to go out in Monday nights post to arrive at the sorting office for today, to then be posted out tomorrow. An post were back in action on Monday so I can't see there being a delay as long as Friday

Mine arrived in the post this evening

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Got mine aswell

• Advertisement

I'm sure mine will be tomorrow :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

I'm looking for an entry to the half. If anyone's looking to sell, can you send me a PM. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AlFoley

I'm looking for an entry to the half. If anyone's looking to sell, can you send me a PM. Thanks

Keep an eye on Bohermeen AC Facebook page. A couple of people on there giving away numbers.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=651514338525105&id=132411123768765

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Pacers announced every ten minutes from 1.30 to 2.10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Number arrived today thankfully!! Any idea where to park?

• Advertisement

Number arrived today thankfully!! Any idea where to park?

It's a kind of organised free for all..... get as close as you can and you'll be directed to the nearest available side of the road!!
    It's well run but don't leave it til last minute as your likely to be around 1/2 mile from the start at the clubhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mileybichon

Does anyone have link for instructions for the race tomorrow? Wondering about bag drop + parking? Can't find the email

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

If you like the bohermeen ac page on fb you'll find their instructions..

But the directions for those heading from Dublin would be to exit the M3 at j9 and go left out the N51 for 1 or 2k to where we'll be directed to the right hopefully for the parking and start.

Does anyone have link for instructions for the race tomorrow? Wondering about bag drop + parking? Can't find the email

From the email:
    We would urge people to car pool where possible and arrive in good time (from 9am to 9.30) as to avoid traffic delays. Parking maybe be in a range of 1 mile.

EVENT LOCATION:

RACE HQ; Bohermeen Community Centre,
    Bohermeen, Navan, Co. Meath

Click HERE for directions and location

BAG DROP

At race HQ, goods left at participants own risk

RACE START TIMES

10k start 10.30 am

Half Marathon start 11.00 am

You can collect your t shirt and medal after you cross the finish line. We have a participant checklist for you ensure your registration details are correct.

I was down in Navan today so went out for a little nosey. Tent type thing set up on the pitch at the community centre which I assume is the back drop. Plenty of portaloos as well. Parking will be tricky I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I was down in Navan today so went out for a little nosey. Tent type thing set up on the pitch at the community centre which I assume is the back drop. Plenty of portaloos as well. Parking will be tricky I'd say.

Did you get your number S?

Did you get your number S?

Ah yeah I got it yesterday morning. Drove a lap today. Nice and flat.

Good luck today all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

That was a great race. Super organisation, well marshalled and very friendly.

Well done all. Decent conditions. Bit of wind in parts and was surprisingly warm.

My first time doing this race. I liked it - the two loop thing wasn't the issue at all that I thought it would be for me mentally. Put everything I learned at Lusk last yr (race series) in place and knocked 17mins off my time. Delighted!

Have never felt pain in my calves like it. Worth it though.

The delayed start didn't bother me at all as I was late getting to the start and thought it would have begun, so pleasant surprise for me although I gather some will be annoyed by that.

Volunteers on course were very encouraging - thank you to them. The little cups of electrolytes at the end were brilliant! Food after was great. Course wasn't easy, but wasn't too difficult. As Goldilocks herself said, it was just right.

Results - https://www.myrunresults.com/events/meath_spring_half_marathon__10k/2427/results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

A warm welcoming and well organised countryside half in Bohermeen . It was a tough slog for myself. The lazy snow days and a dodgy nail put rest to my target but still managed to get a Pb thankfully.

Advertisement