Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Hire for Swords accepting electronic goods

Options
  • 12-02-2018 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of a skip hire company serving Swords that would accept electronic goods in the skip?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does anybody know of a skip hire company serving Swords that would accept electronic goods in the skip?

Could you not take them to the recycling centre in the Estuary?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Electronic goods are free to recycle in the Estuary centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I appreciate the note that I could bring things over to the Estuary center but that is not possible due to the amount of items (loads of old coffee-machines, toasters, grills and other things like powercables etc.) and a skip is needed for the other stuff anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm open to correction but I thought you could throw practically anything into a skip that you've hired and that it was up to the skip company to sort and recycle as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Most say they recycle as much as 90% of what you put in.

Look up their terms online and it will state what they can/can't take.

Oils, paint tins, fridges, light bulbs(tubes) CFL, tyres, aerosol, batteries and more can't go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

theres companies around who recycle electrics could you try one of them see if they can collect or provide a skip/bin of some sort. I know theres a place up in the Jamestown Industrial Estate in Finglas but havent a clue what its called

Advertisement