Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity suppliers

Options
  • 13-02-2018 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

I will be taking over an account and made two calls to suppliers so far.
    On both occasions I was talking to someone in an Indian call canter . I have nothing against Indians. Electricity is dear enough in Ireland to pay people here.
    Is there any electricity suppliers who employ Irish people or at least someone based here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Electric Ireland have their call centre in Ireland.

On both occasions I was talking to someone in an Indian call canter . I have nothing against Indians. Electricity is dear enough in Ireland to pay people here.
    Is there any electricity suppliers who employ Irish people or at least someone based here ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I rang both Energia and Electric Ireland last week, both had Irish based call centers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Can you break down what you mean by "dear enough". Which of the energy suppliers had indian call centres? Are they locally or globally owned and can you list the cost benefit analysis of those companies having an Irish call centre versus a far east outsourced one and then put in relevance to their global interests with their other subsidiaries sharing the same call centres?

ESB is mostly owned by the state.

Energia is owned by a company called Viridian which also runs Power NI, Northern Ireland's largest electricity supplier. Viridian is in turn owned by Arcapita, a Bahraini investment bank that keeps its investment headquarters at Atlanta in the United States.

Airtricity is owned but SSE plc. A Scottish energy company headquartered in Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. SSE operates in United Kingdom and Ireland. (think british gas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Pandapower - a few clicks online and your done.

Advertisement