Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP Inspection/ What to expect

Options
  • 13-02-2018 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi, I am sure this has been covered but can't find the thread, what can I expect from a HAP inspection due to take place next week by my council?

If anyone has recently been through it and can post experience?

I live in a house in a RPZ zone

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If you fail the inspection you dont get paid. I've read that this is more common than it should be and tenants insitu. Have you gone through the criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

godtabh wrote: »
    If you fail the inspection you dont get paid. I've read that this is more common than it should be and tenants insitu. Have you gone through the criteria?

Sorry I forgot to mention I am the tenant, not the owner.

I haven't seen chekclist on the council site? I was told by the chap doing the inspection only takes 30mins, quick check of fire escapes and alarms etc.. not sure what exactly they need to check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I am a tenant and had a HAP inspection a few weeks ago. The inspector was in the house less than 30 minutes. He said he was there to ascertain the BER value of the property but he said another inspector would come at a later date for the electrical inspection. I asked him what would happen if the property fails an inspection and he said that it would be a matter for the landlord and tenant to decide what to do about it. He was polite, efficient and made light of any defects he found but my feeling is that he just wants to get his job done as quickly as possible without going into any likely repercussions of his inspection.

Advertisement