Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 step verification not working on macbook

Options
  • 13-02-2018 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a problem with my macbook. I just updated it and need to log back into icloud, itunes, the app store etc.

The credential entry screen comes up. I enter my login and password and 2 seconds later a notification comes up on my phone informing me someone is logging into my account here etc. I approve that and the verification code comes up on my phone. But on the actual macbook a message comes up saying the password or login was incorrect.

I'm at a loss here - how can it be wrong if the prompt is coming up on my phone and it's giving me the verification code?

I logged out of the app store and logged back in on my ipad no problem. The problem isn't the login or password. I've restarted the macbook multiple times.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Quad

Advertisement