Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension in the UK, should I transfer it to Ireland, if so, how?

• 13-02-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭

I work in Ireland for a UK company, I was based over there with them for a number of years before moving to an office here.
    My pension is still over there and I'm wondering whether I should be moving it to Ireland, very hard to know with Brexit but I'll be taking a big hit with the sterling rate at the moment.
    Pension not due to mature until 2046 I think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I don't know but I'm similar to you but closer to retirement! I've left my UK pension in the UK. Not sure if it's the right thing to do but I'm happy leaving it.
    But my company now pay an Irish pension for me here so I've got both.
    Would your company set up an Irish pension now for you as you are here?
    I wouldn't like to relay on an exchange rate when the time comes to pay out your pension payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    My pension is still over there and I'm wondering whether I should be moving it to Ireland

Is it a private pension or are you talking about the UK state pension?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Charisteas wrote: »
    Is it a private pension or are you talking about the UK state pension?

Private pension, I’m going to look at setting up a new one here for now.

Advertisement