Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious Data Use

Options
  • 13-02-2018 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Last night at 3:37, while I was asleep, I was charged 1.6179 for Data use.  My usage report shows no data used, however, just that amount.

I am on a offer package that includes data which renewed last night so could this have something to do with this?  It would still not explain the charge for 0 data use.

Can you please review and explain what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

bigar wrote: »
    Last night at 3:37, while I was asleep, I was charged 1.6179 for Data use.  My usage report shows no data used, however, just that amount.

I am on a offer package that includes data which renewed last night so could this have something to do with this?  It would still not explain the charge for 0 data use.

Hi bigar ,

In regards to data usage, there can be delays in the usage updating. This charge could have been from earlier on in the day, also it could have been an application updating in the background without your knowledge. There are a number of things it could have been.

What I will say, we cannot charge you unless it has been used, so the charge would most definitely be valid.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Hi bigar ,

In regards to data usage, there can be delays in the usage updating. This charge could have been from earlier on in the day, also it could have been an application updating in the background without your knowledge. There are a number of things it could have been.

What I will say, we cannot charge you unless it has been used, so the charge would most definitely be valid.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

But earlier on in the day I was on a package which includes data, calls and texts.  I made no calls or texted anyone so it can only be a data charge.  I had over 10 GB left on my data allowance.

As my package renewed automatically, I was never without any available data.

I now also see I received a Text from Eir at exactly the same time 3:37 saying I need to top up as I have no remaining credit (I had 27 EUR at the time).  I then received another text at 4:49 saying that my package has been renewed.

This cannot be a coincidence and you will have to come up with a better explanation than this.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi bigar ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

But earlier on in the day I was on a package which includes data, calls and texts.  I made no calls or texted anyone so it can only be a data charge.  I had over 10 GB left on my data allowance.

As my package renewed automatically, I was never without any available data.

I now also see I received a Text from Eir at exactly the same time 3:37 saying I need to top up as I have no remaining credit (I had 27 EUR at the time).  I then received another text at 4:49 saying that my package has been renewed.

This cannot be a coincidence and you will have to come up with a better explanation than this.  
    Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement