Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules on gender pronouns etc

Options
  • 13-02-2018 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭

I've been banned from a thread and received an infraction for calling a transperson ''the wrong gender''. I called an (as yet untransitioned) public figure who identifies as female, ''he''. However, I also used the persons chosen female name, rather than their original male name.

The moderator has advised that this was ''a dick move'' and ''Anyone can identify as whatever or whomever they like''.

I'd like clarification on the Boards rules on indicating you don't believe a person's self declaration of identity. Is it mandatory to use the person's declared gender pronoun and is it against the rules to voice doubts about their sincerity on the gender claim or other self identity declarations?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just responded to your thread in the DRP. Could we hold off this discussion until your appeal is dealt with?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Beasty wrote: »
    I've just responded to your thread in the DRP. Could we hold off this discussion until your appeal is dealt with?

Thanks

Sent now

Advertisement