Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O/U ejectors

Options
  • 13-02-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

What oil is recommended for lubricating ejectors after cleaning. I took mine out to clean them but noticed the oil is heavier than normal gun oil spray. I put a dab of Napier grease on them to get me going again but I’d like to source the proper stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Luckysasha wrote: »
    What oil is recommended for lubricating ejectors after cleaning. I took mine out to clean them but noticed the oil is heavier than normal gun oil spray. I put a dab of Napier grease on them to get me going again but I’d like to source the proper stuff.

Grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Luckysasha wrote: »

I use the Tetra gun grease on mine and it seems to do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

For what it is worth ;) The key to lubing a guns bearing points is to only put the lube on after those surfaces have been wiped clean of old lube and dirt. The last thing you want to do is to trap grit in there.

Good shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

For what it is worth ;) The key to lubing a guns bearing points is to only put the lube on after those surfaces have been wiped clean of old lube and dirt. The last thing you want to do is to trap grit in there.

Good shooting.

That’s my cleaning routine. I only apply a small dab of grease at the very last stage after all the cleaning. I did put some grease on the ejectors but I don’t think there operating as smoothly as when they where oiled.

Advertisement