Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help badly needed for new rig!

Options
  • 13-02-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Was hoping to sort myself out with a general all purpose rig, but haven't been paying too much attention to the current state of the pc components market so any help in putting this together would be much appreciated

1. What is your budget? ~€1500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming (I'd like to be able to play triple AAAs at 1080p, maybe 1440p medium settings if thats possible, but I'm a bit out of the loop so don't know how possible that is on my budget! I'd also be looking to use the PC for a little bit of music production and some light video editing (emphasis on light, I'm not a content creator!!)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Have a 60gb ssd that maybe I could use as a boot drive?

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 24 would be ideal

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? yes would need these but I'm not much of a typist and i'll be using a controller for gaming so I'll probably chepa out on these!

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If it brings me some benefit then I'd be open to giving it a bash

8. How can you pay? credit card/paypal

9. When are you purchasing? March 2018

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? South Dublin

Comments

Advertisement