Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hen Party

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I wouldn't normally mind going but I've been to Marbella and really didn't like it. There's nothing to do there at all and it's really expensive for Spain. I wouldn't mind if there was something to see or do but all the girls are sunbathers who have no problems with lying by the pool all day drinking cocktails. That sounds like a nightmare to me.

I suppose you can chalk this down to experience and have a laugh about it when you look back. It had better be fuppin amazing for that price!

listen, I'll be drinking my weight in comp prosecco to get the value if I have to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

A friend of mine is getting married next year and has proposed a 4 day holiday to Marbella for her hen. I'm DREADING it and might just not go at all. I do not understand these big event hen parties. Myself and Mr Molly had a joint dinner and few drinks in town with some friends. We were home by 1am. :rolleyes:
    This is insane. She wants her friends to go on holiday because she's getting married?!
    The sooner the whole hen/stag party thing dies a death the better. Totally pointless celebrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

lazygal wrote: »
    This is insane. She wants her friends to go on holiday because she's getting married?!
    The sooner the whole hen/stag party thing dies a death the better. Totally pointless celebrations.

It (hen party) had a point when it was genuinely a last night out for a single girl before she commenced her new life as an unpaid servant to a man.
    Because she’s genuinely never be out again, either pregnant or minding small babies for the next 15 years.
    It was an opportunity for her already married sisters to hint darkly at the horror that would be her wedding night and give her tips in how to put him off as many nights as possible after that!
    Also to let her know that she had them to support her.
    None of that applies now nor has it for 30 years.
    It’s just a nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

A friend of mine is getting married next year and has proposed a 4 day holiday to Marbella for her hen. I'm DREADING it and might just not go at all.

Be forthright and just say you won't be going. When I was first a bridesmaid, I was fresh out of college and pretty broke. My friend, the bride, briefly considered having a hen holiday. I gave a firm no to attending and she took it very well. She didn't go through with the holiday in the end.

Advertisement