Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Every single thread ending in what about the straight white male?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What is the point of this thread, I have no idea still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Create a thread targeting the straight white male. That'll put a stop to them claiming victimisation :)

pilly wrote: »
    Not at all sunshine. Made me chuckle that men still believe the line that we love them for their success in business.

We only say that to ugly men to make them feel better.

The irony is strong with this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So what you're saying is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

pilly wrote: »
    Not at all sunshine. Made me chuckle that men still believe the line that we love them for their success in business.

We only say that to ugly men to make them feel better.

So you appearance shame......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Yeah, there seems to have been an explosion of them recently.
    Realistically, as a straight white male, it's very hard to say I've been the victim of some form of systemic discrimination.
    Obviously, men individually can be the victim of discrimination.
    That said there seems a load of posters here intent on taking offense at every blog post / news article that they disagree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

I wonder have the sales of White Magnums been affected recently? They should be in a seperate freezer tbf.

Ursummupet wrote: »
    I wonder have the sales of White Magnums been affected recently? They should be in a seperate freezer tbf.

They should be left out in the sun.

To melt.

They should be left out in the sun.

To melt.

If you were the sun would you shine on them?

Huh?

Ursummupet wrote: »
    If you were the sun would you shine on them?

Huh?

You're right.

The White Magnums should check their privilege.

And disavow the actions of their great, great, great, great, great Magnum forebearers.

Only then can the Sun shine on them.

Reluctantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

As a straight white man, I occasionally put boot polish on my face and wear fake tits to experience the world as the most sacred of liberal mascots - the black lesbian. I even do a Jamaican accent and try and get the ride and everything. Of course, now the feminazis and libtards have decided I'm being racist and sexist. Of course, if a black lesbian wore boot polish and fake tits, they'd have no problem with it at all. There's one rule for straight white men and another for everyone else.

Tsk, minorites... You can't beat them and you can't join them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

You can't beat them...

I know, right, what has the world become... not even a back of your hand slap.

You're right.

The White Magnums should check their privilege.

And disavow the actions of their great, great, great, great, great Magnum forebearers.

Only then can the Sun shine on them.

Reluctantly.

Just plug out the freezer.
    Those that chose to melt, well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can we all agree that the fourth wave "it's ok to be utterly sexist and bigoted against white males - but no other group - because 'privilege' and all that" ideology is a major driving force behind white male resentment and is an utterly idiotic ideology for people who ostensibly desire gender equality to be advocating?

The number of condescending headlines in mainstream newspapers over the last few years - and I have already acknowledged that yes, these are total clickbait and ad revenue generating tactics, but the issue is the lack of establishment criticism of them - which generalise and condescend to men or whites as a gender is ridiculous. It's all the "dear white people, we need to talk" "We need to talk about X behaviour in young men" "Why are modern men so irresponsible" etc etc etc style BS.
    People know that a respectable, mainstream publication would never try to, or get away with if they did, publish this type of generalising, condescending language towards women or ethnic minorities, and it's a natural human trait that people instinctively want to be treated the same as everyone else, that people resent double standards, that people utterly despise it when they're told that they have to follow rules that others don't, or that others have freedoms which they don't. This resentment was the cause of the very justified feminist and civil rights movements of the 20th century, but a subset of complete idiots exists today which is insisting that it is morally justifiable to subject whites, males, and white males to this same injustice, because reasons. The problem is, there are no reasons which can justify it, it is quite simply flat out morally unacceptable, end of story - and by not accepting this, movements which claim to stand for liberal values and equality are completely shredding their own credibility.

I know, right, what has the world become... not even a back of your hand slap.

Aye, just to calm them down like when they're being hysterical about women's problems or institutional racism. Those sorts of things. It's for their own good.

Can we all agree that the fourth wave "it's ok to be utterly sexist and bigoted against white males - but no other group - because 'privilege' and all that" ideology is a major driving force behind white male resentment and is an utterly idiotic ideology for people who ostensibly desire gender equality to be advocating?

Hatrickpatrick started talking about white male privilege. What happened next will AMAZE you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hatrickpatrick started talking about white male privilege. What happened next will AMAZE you!!!
    You wont believe what Hatrickpatrick's Top 10 white male privileges look like now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I blame the bored sad and lonely housewives that are stuck in a rut with chore-sex.

I blame Guinness. Everything was going grand until they dreamt up that Arthur's Day bollox. Suddenly, people with weird haircuts were giving out about alcoholics and shameful behaviour. When that got knocked on its head and those haircut weirdos were looking for something new to rail against, they turned their ire to straight, white males because we're just too damn handsome and they were jealous.

Everything was grand before that. You could smack a girl on the arse and she'd take it for the compliment it was but now all of a sudden, you're a misogynist. You can't win with these people!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

#MeToo

- Signed, a middle aged straight white male.

Oh, no, wait a minute! I just shook off my bullsh*t victim complex. I am liberated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Your opinion is of no value. Take it like a man, whingebag.

(ps, I'll bill you later)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This is what we're dealing with these days:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

None of mine was meant in jest, that's (from my own experience) literally what the online culture war is about. Whether the kitchen should change (install air-con and a thermostat to accommodate people who can't stand the heat), or whether the people who can't stand the heat should get out. People like Sarkeesian believe that culture should change to accomodate the sensibilities of newcomers, people on the likes of 4chan, Reddit, Anonymous etc believe that as the people who essentially created internet subculture, they shouldn't have to moderate their language or anything like that to accomodate newcomers who have more of a restrictive view on what is and is not acceptable.

I think the kitchen analogy works pretty well for this. It's a battle between "we like the internet the way it is, we won't change so either accept it or get out" and "the internet should change if its current culture is putting new people off joining in".

While I agree with your point I do think somethings had to change in some communities. It's easy to dismiss all the criticisms as invalid simply because a lot are.

To me there is a big difference between interacting with those who participate in one bubble and those who involve those who are not participants.
    Something like the fat shaming sub reddits would be a good example, the people who those subs highlighted were just doing their own thing in a way that has literally no impact on other parties, or the fact that nearly every YouTube comments section descends into either Israel v Palestine or a straight up race war even if the subject matter is completely innocent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭Koala Sunshine

As well as being resentful about fading attractiveness, I think feminists often carry emotional wounds which they associate with being a woman, some feminists then want men to also feel such pain.

It's a classic physcholigical mechanism whereby a person wants other people to feel the pain they do. Men are the "other", so men must feel their pain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The temptation to lock this thread with the following closing closing post is so strong.
    what about the straight white male

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

As well as being resentful about fading attractiveness, I think feminists often carry emotional wounds which they associate with being a woman, some feminists then want men to also feel such pain.

It's a classic physcholigical mechanism whereby a person wants other people to feel the pain they do. Men are the "other", so men must feel their pain.

Isn't that just a slightly more verbose way of saying "you never hear this feminist shít from the hot chicks"

Which you don't by the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't read right to the end of most threads so I probably miss a lot of that. I have seen a bit of it. I understand they also have issues to raise.
    On Facebook there is a man, newspaper columnist, 99% of his posts are complaints about the straight white male being downtrodden by feminazis, how women literally get away with murder, etc
    I've challenged some of his claims of bias in workplace disputes and criminal cases and he has admitted he didn't read the articles, just assumed the woman in question was favoured over the male.
    Deep seam of resentment worth of psychological investigation, IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I don't read right to the end of most threads so I probably miss a lot of that. I have seen a bit of it. I understand they also have issues to raise.
    On Facebook there is a man, newspaper columnist, 99% of his posts are complaints about the straight white male being downtrodden by feminazis, how women literally get away with murder, etc
    I've challenged some of his claims of bias in workplace disputes and criminal cases and he has admitted he didn't read the articles, just assumed the woman in question was favoured over the male.
    Deep seam of resentment worth of psychological investigation, IMO

I've read through the 9 pages of this thread and I still have no idea what it's about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

JayZeus wrote:
    Real men (yes, they are indeed the majority of men) laugh or just roll their eyes at all of this rubbish and get on with life.

That doesn't bode well for the posters who start thread after thread about how victimised they are as SWM.

Advertisement