Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose wire question

Options
  • 13-02-2018 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi All,

Quick question for you. We recently had our bathroom done and replaced a power shower with a pumped mixer.

The bathroom guys left the old shower electrical wire hanging loose from a rafter in the attic but told me its no longer live (it's wrapped in blue tape). I've just noticed this morning that the breaker marked 'shower' is flicked off. Presumably if I flicked that back up the wire would become live again.

Is this ok? Feels like a big fire risk to me, the wire is hanging loose and about half a foot from the insulation.

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 simo_101

Answered my own question - an electrician has condemned the works! We've made arrangements for it to be rectified and we're reporting the company to the CRU.

Mod please close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement