Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain View Park

Options
  • 13-02-2018 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me in making a decision about Mountain View Park in Churchtown/Rathfarnham.
    I know people have asked about this before but the posts are a few years old so I'm looking for some up to date honest reviews on the area.
    Ok, here goes.... I'm from the Dublin 14 area,{Breamor Rd} but haven't lived there in the last 18yrs. I also know that Mountain View Park used to be called Holylands and had a very bad name.

My kids are grown up now and have moved out so I'm looking to move back to the general area. I have come across a small house in Mountain View Park within my budget and wondering what the area is like now, especially at night. Has it changed? Is it still considered a rough area?
    If anyone here has moved there recently or know of anyone that has moved there could you please give your reviews on the area.
    My head is wrecked looking for a property, of course I would prefer other areas in Churchtown but have to stay in budget.
    I have looked around the Ballycullen and Firhouse area as well and houses are lovely, also most of them have a better BER rating but TBH Churchtown seems to have much more going for it with it been close to Dundrum, Rathfarnham and Nutgrove Shopping Centre.
    I really need to make a decision within the next few days so I'm really hoping you can help me. I will drive around the area at night time too to see for myself but would love to hear from people who actually live there.
    Thank you so much for reading,
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Idonotknow

Hi! I am wondering if you ended up buying there?

A house has come up for sale and I am considering it but do not know the area!

Would really appreciate any views on this

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kateevanne

We bought a house in Mountain View Park and have been living here since March. We haven’t had any problems and I wouldn’t be at all nervous walking around by myself at night. Our neighbors say it has settled a lot over the years. A good friend of mine lived here and recommended it as a place to live. Honestly after a really long disheartening search for property in South Dublin (I grew up in Glenageary) we feel super lucky to have found such a convenient location for a relatively affordable price.

Advertisement