Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow paced RPGs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

That's coming up when you get the ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I like your use of "when" less than 24 hours after announcing that Death is now a possibility. So you're saying Evan is going to make it. Then who... Oh poor Dhinor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Banjo wrote:
    I like your use of "when" less than 24 hours after announcing that Death is now a possibility. So you're saying Evan is going to make it. Then who... Oh poor Dhinor!

Ah Evan and Dhinor are destined to be bestos eventually. It's a friendship written across the stars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'm a newbie to all of this, I assumed we could die at anytime anyhow! I just hope I'm not wearing a red shirt...

I thought you weren't wearing any shirt? The pic we saw had a droyne basically wearing a leg pouch and a bandolero, you filthy space-nudist you!

(but it was a red bandolero so watch your step all the same.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm amazed that Necro still has all his body parts. Early days yet but I expected at least one roboleg by now.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm amazed that Necro still has all his body parts. Early days yet but I expected at least one roboleg by now.

:D I'm behaving myself for the most part though for once.

Necrominus wrote: »
    :D I'm behaving myself for the most part though for once.
    But you have SO MANY limbs! You are practically a spider.

But you have SO MANY limbs!

I NEARLY lost a few when Bakleth tried to follow RJ/Evan's custom of steak pleasuring :pac:

Evan never ****ed a steak!

It was a vat of meat. And you didn't see the myoblasts, they were thiccccccc!

• Advertisement

Bakleth is nude though, so he has already achieved part of the end state of Necro's characters.

Raftgate! Just so we don't derail the thread

When I looked into it, found this blog about the absurdity of the rule :
    http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.ie/2014/11/traveller-tuesday-airrafts-flyer-skill.html

Anyway, it's all in good fun if we're fighting over the controls of a flying Micra :D We'll wait for Fourier and try not to crash the newly repaired raft in the mean time.

Banjo wrote: »
    Raftgate! Just so we don't derail the thread

When I looked into it, found this blog about the absurdity of the rule :
    http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.ie/2014/11/traveller-tuesday-airrafts-flyer-skill.html

Anyway, it's all in good fun if we're fighting over the controls of a flying Micra :D We'll wait for Fourier and try not to crash the newly repaired raft in the mean time.

I saw the same one. I dont think its a biggie. Im less concerned about Evans skill as i am his temperament :D

Take that back or I will eat your face!

(lecter mode, not Kelly McGillis mode)

:D

In all seriousness though, that link does make a good case for why Flyer (Anti Grav) is significantly different to piloting in space in terms of how you think about and initiate changes in direction and aspect and acceleration/speed. Which is why you should all put your seatbelts on. I'm the captain now
    446226.png

Dhinor is a flyer and a pilot so you won't Evan won't be flying either way.

Bakleth is neither. Still the best option to fly the craft. What could go wrong? :pac:

He can work more pedals than any of us while still press all the buttons.

I just promoted myself to Great Admiral of the Fleet and I suggest that we ask our doggy friend if he can pilot/drive/fly the craft.
    Meanwhile I'm on the webnet watching YouMeandHimTube training videos for pilot/drive/flying. Forward, backward, up, down, left right pitch yaw roll.
    I could probably remote-control this piece of junk in from my medscanner. Just don't ask me to finesses around roadblocks or do hillstarts.

• Advertisement

Bagsie Arch-Great Admiral of the Fleet

Arch-Great Admiral of the Fleet Infinity+1

Lets just paper rock scissors for it.

Banjo, you pick first.

I pick nuclear bomb. try stopping that with any of the three options :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Wouldn't spock be able to disarm the nuke?

Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock, nuclear 'splosion. Best game ever.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I pick nuclear bomb. try stopping that with any of the three options :pac:

I choose Hope :D

(Or Cockroach?)

Aw hard luck I choose lava

The Flying vs Pilot distinction basically applies to training in how to deal with moving in air versus moving in a vacuum, as well as dealing with conventions of those craft, e.g. somebody with Pilot cannot fly a plane as they do not know air traffic control rules and are unused to environmental flight outside of very controlled descents.

The confusing thing is where air/rafts land on this as they operate via antigrav, but it clearly says they can go into space and have a setting where they are locked in height and hence only move around like a car, they also have a hovercraft setting for the sea. Hence you can make the case for Pilot, Drive, Flyer, Seafarer etc.

The common ruling is that any of the skills cover it, provided you're using it in a way like that skill, i.e. locked height would use drive, high speed atmospheric flight would use Flyer, up to space or coasting could use Pilot.

Basically they're an all-terrain vehicle that can be set to the style of each of the skills.

TLDR: Bakleth flies it.

• Advertisement

Guys, big step up from D&D. It took far less posts for Necro to lose his limbs, Banjo to be involved in some death defying fall and ye to commit mass genocide by super-explosion.

The avalanche (lava not snow this time round) didn't kill Molly though, so ye need to work on that.

Advertisement