Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident in creche

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I send spares in with my three but one day my two year olds drink had leaked in her bag so they were damp. She needed a change of pants so they just put a spare pair they had inside on her. Another day my 3 year old came home without her spare pants in her bag, a child in her class had had an accident and they needed to borrow them. I got them back a couple of days later. I’m surprised the cre weren’t able to do either of those things. I’d just make sure there were spare clothes in the bag and hope it was just that neither of those options were available to the cre staff rather than a bad judgement call of ‘it’s just 30 minutes, she’ll be grand in wet pants’.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

In our creche our little lady goes with school bag and spare set of clothes in it.Shes 2 and a half our creche says no to pull-ups she's in pants apprently it confuses them.Shes just trained now.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I forgot spares once too, and turned up to see the young fella in pink satin harem pants from their dressing up box. It was hilarious and it was better than wet ones.

If creche had borrowed my son's trousers out of his bag for a child that didn't have any spares I'd be kind of pissed off, especially since a lot of parents don't bother to return clothes their children mistakenly bring home.

I think maybe chalk it up to experience and remember to send in a bag of spares.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I think I'd be browned off too. I think it's one of those situation where everyone involved will look back and think "God I really should have done x, y, or z".

I'm guessing the girls in the crèche just did what they thought was best in the moment. Maybe they'll stock up on spare clothes themselves after this, so it doesn't happen again in the future.

Was your little girl distressed at all OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Our granddaughters creche have a ziplock bag for each child with their name on it .A list inside has two panties, two vests , two leggings and two tops and socks .If they use any they write a postit and stick it on the childs lunch box with what was taken and please replenish asap . It is really not the creches fault if the clothes are not refreshed and the child has no change of clothes .Having said that our creche has a box of cheap spare pyjama bottoms to be used in an emergency and would never put wet clothes on a child .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little miss sunshine1

Having worked in a crèche, I think it's completely unacceptable to put wet/dirty clothes back on a child.

Just think of how uncomfortable it is to walk around in especially wet clothes.

The crèche should usually have a supply of spare clothes, in this event, or at the very least, borrow clothes from another child in an emergency.

Advertisement