Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC can't access user/manager menu

Options
  • 13-02-2018 11:04pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I have had a very nice new HKC SecureWave alarm installed by a local installer. My code only arms the system, and doesn't show the user/manager menu.

Is there any reason they'd have set it up like this? I can't add/change/delete user codes and set up inhibits if need be which is all I really want to be able to do. (From what I can make out from the manual these menus are separate to the engineer menu.)

Just want to be sure I'm not being a complete cranky customer when I ring them tomorrow.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its a new system tell him to come back & set up your user permissions correctly?
    You should have access to all user menus & operations.
    There are only 2 reasons to leave your alarm configured like this..

1) Pure Laziness and not spending a bit of time programming the system correctly
    2)Trying to generate future work by having you pay for a call out to do a simple job like change a code or look up the log.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I’m hoping it was just laziness, thanks very much for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

forget the manager menu and instead get him to leave it at the default engineer code so you have 100% control over your own alarm.
    you should be able to type 4567+user code and the screen will say 'Service Menu'
    Engineer mode will give you access to 100% menus in the system whereas manager menu is very limited.
    Also make sure he gives you the StartUp manual which has all the menu path details.

Advertisement