Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speeds

Options
  • 14-02-2018 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    Just inquiring what kind of download speeds people are getting.
    I recently switched to sky and my download speed is 24.1 mbps and upload of 14.5mbps.
    Some websites such as donedeal are taking ages to load and most pictures on the site dnt load up.
    Sky advertises its broadband as “super fast” never had issue with virgin media broadband band before I switched.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

They advertise the speeds to be super fast but only over cable. It will be much slower over wifi.
    My Virgin is supposed to be 240mbps but its only around 10 mbps over wifi. It gets slower in the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Agree Sky is a second rate service, currently locked into their contract and I can't wait to change providers.
    I often find that their service is very poor at times when traffic should be light such as 1:00am to 6:00am (I work shift) and poor to average the rest of the time. Not a patch on what UPC/ Virgin was a couple of years ago.

Advertisement