Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to get toddler used to hair slides/bobbins

• 14-02-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Not a huge issue but as the title says - anyone got any tips on how to persuade my toddler daughter to let me do something with her hair? Its getting pretty unruly and I would like to be able to put a slide or bobbins or something in it, but she goes mad. I have even committed the cardinal sin of trying to bribe with sweets - but no joy.

Surely I am not the only one who had had this issue - any tips - maybe someone knows of some other hair accessories on the market that she might take to easier?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Hehe!I firstly make sure I brush the hair every morning so they get used to that (even if they only have bits of hair!) And honestly, I distract a bit and slip a slide in initially.Or I'll slip the slide in, then go straight to do teeth or something where I can hand them a brush and they are distracted by doing something else.If they only wear it for a couple of hours-or ten mins- that's enough.It's a slow process.
    Currently trying to get my 21 mth old to wear a little bobbin holding a tuft of hair up on top of her head, as she has thick hair that's just getting into her eyes.It's an ongoing process, she admires herself in the mirror with it these days but it never lasts too long!We just have baskets with a load of sparkly slides and bows and bobbins, she likes to root in those.She has big sister's example though, probably makes it a bit easier.
    The other option is cut a fringe in to keep it out of her eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I remember those days well. Like the previous poster brush it every day so they are used to the hair brush. We bought cheap Peppa Pig bobbins and bobbins that did the trick finally!! Lots of crying for a week every morning but we kept at it. Now it's no big deal at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Thanks for the responses - I should have started brushing her hair sooner I suppose - it was just very slow to grow and is only really getting there now.
    We have a little soft Winnie the pooh brush - time to start a new morning ritual :)

Advertisement