Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forced entry to yard by delivery man

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Del2005 wrote: »
    Companies increasing the rate of pay is never going to happen unless they drastically increase the cost of delivery and we won't pay increased delivery charges. The HGV companies are now looking to hire from outside the EU as they have run out of Europeans to abuse. Read the comments to see how drivers are being treated for our cheap consumption.

http://www.thejournal.ie/truck-drivers-shortage-ireland-3-3854511-Feb2018/

They won't be able to import van drivers to treat like st1t so soon we'll be going to the depot to pick up our own packages, but since their is also a shortage of HGV drivers then our package won't even get out of the vendors warehouse.

HGV drivers and couriers are treated worse than nearly any other job and people then wonder why they get a crap service.

100% agree with everything you said
    Have drove hgvs
    And been down the self employed van route
    Its a mugs game and a race to the bottom
    Trying to find alternative work that pays by the hour and not by the day
    Not surprised their trying to source drivers from elsewere
    Its a sure sign things are gone to the dogs
    I know plenty of people with hgv licences
    90% arent driving for a living

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Wow I have to say I am quite surprised at the replies!
    I'm surprised that people don't seem to have a problem with someone taking it upon themselves to gain unauthorised access to your property. If it was an emergency fair enough, but to deliver a parcel?!

The gate wasn't left open. It wasn't windy, it's actually been blustery here since last night and the gate hasn't budged. The latch is stiff and has a padlock secured on it. It took me a while to figure out how he managed to get in. He forced the gate and the fence apart and by doing so the latch slid out (I hope I'm explaining it clearly).

Aside from the fact that I'd agree with you about being unhappy about someone forcing their way into your back garden, leaving a delivery in a bin is clearly asinine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

MOH wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that I'd agree with you about being unhappy about someone forcing their way into your back garden, leaving a delivery in a bin is clearly asinine.

Not really. Fairly common to hide packages in the recycling bin. I've often told delivery people to do it when I'm out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tenigate wrote: »
    Not really. Fairly common to hide packages in the recycling bin. I've often told delivery people to do it when I'm out.

There's the magic words there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I don't understand why more people dont use Parcel Motel...
    Or why people order parcels to their house when they know they'll be at work all day (not saying that this is the case here but it is pretty common).

Hence why I started using Parcel Motel.
    I have no interest in letting other people answer the door for my parcel(they may be resting), I have no interest in a delivery man coming to my door when I'm in bed(as I work nights)or if I'm not there or if the delivery man is under pressure!?
    Look I'm trying to say I'm not selfish and inconsiderate.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Did ye get him fired OP ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 IrelandWest Hillwalking

I don't understand why more people dont use Parcel Motel...

Because they are completely untrustworthy. They have lost a parcel I sent with them a month ago and couldnt care less. After denying that the parcel was lost for three weeks they finally admitted that they may have sent it to the wrong town. Nothing but silence from them since (9 days ago). Their customer service is as bad as their delivery service. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Because they are completely untrustworthy. They have lost a parcel I sent with them a month ago and couldnt care less. After denying that the parcel was lost for three weeks they finally admitted that they may have sent it to the wrong town. Nothing but silence from them since (9 days ago). Their customer service is as bad as their delivery service. :(

One thread is enough to complain about PM on.

Advertisement