Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving number from eir Bill pay to eir Prepay

Options
  • 14-02-2018 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,
    Contract with eir is ending tomorrow. 
    I'd like to keep my phone number from Bill pay and move it over to eir Prepay. 
    We called eir and they said our contract will end automatically once I move the number over to Prepay and that the account will be closed. No further actions necessary.
    I've ordered a Prepay SIM from eir.
    On the phone eir said that I need to go to an eir store to get a new SIM and tell them to move the number to the new SIM.

Questions:
    1. Once I move my Bill pay number over to Prepay, is the contract really cancelled?
    2. Can I move my Bill pay number over to Prepay without having to go to a store? (Can't I do it online?)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Hi,
    We called eir and they said our contract will end automatically once I move the number over to Prepay and that the account will be closed. No further actions necessary.
    On the phone eir said that I need to go to an eir store to get a new SIM and tell them to move the number to the new SIM.

Questions:
    1. Once I move my Bill pay number over to Prepay, is the contract really cancelled?
    2. Can I move my Bill pay number over to Prepay without having to go to a store? (Can't I do it online?)

Thanks.
    You don't need  a new sim,  Just call eir and tell them you want to move your number to prepay, You have to give 30 days notice after which it will be done automatically. I don't know why they didnt tell you this, Some of their customer care team are useless.

Edit: You may be able to give your notice to the team here, once you verify your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks.
    Hi 175010012017 ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Yes, you can cancel without having to go to a store. 

In order to cancel your bill pay contract and change to prepay, you will need to give us 30 days cancellation notice. Please call our customer support team on  1901 option 4 and they will be happy to assist you there.

Thanks

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks.
    Hi 175010012017 ,

In order to cancel your bill pay contract and change to prepay, you will need to give us 30 days cancellation notice. Please call our customer support team on  1901 option 4 and they will be happy to assist you there.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for the information.
    We gave notice 30 days ago and were told the story with getting a Prepay SIM and the cancellation would be automatically carried out then.
    Could you please look into the account and see if that has worked?

Edit: Here are my notes from our call with eir from 11 Januaray:

"Called eir and talked to Andrew. Mobile contracts don't require 30 days notice, apparently it's in the terms and conditions that only fixed line contracts need notice. So I need to call them on Feb 14th or after and they disconnect it automatically or it can be ported out after that day. I told him to leave a note and make sure he specifies that he told me to call on the 14th and that when i do it should be cancelled no questions asked."

Thanks

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks.
    Hi 175010012017 ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,
    We gave notice 30 days ago and were told the story with getting a Prepay SIM and the cancellation would be automatically carried out then.

"Called eir and talked to Andrew. Mobile contracts don't require 30 days notice, apparently it's in the terms and conditions that only fixed line contracts need notice.  So I need to call them on Feb 14th or after and they disconnect it automatically or it can be ported out after that day. I told him to leave a note and make sure he specifies that he told me to call on the 14th and that when i do it should be cancelled no questions asked."

Thanks
    Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks.
    Hi 175010012017 ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

"Called eir and talked to Andrew. Mobile contracts don't require 30 days notice, apparently it's in the terms and conditions that only fixed line contracts need notice.  So I need to call them on Feb 14th or after and they disconnect it automatically or it can be ported out after that day. I told him to leave a note and make sure he specifies that he told me to call on the 14th and that when i do it should be cancelled no questions asked."

Thanks
    Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Okay. PM sent.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks.
    Hi 175010012017 ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks

Thanks 

Thomas
    Okay. PM sent.
    Thanks.
    I will get back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks.
    Hi 175010012017 ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks

Thanks 

Thomas
    Okay. PM sent.
    Thanks.
    I will get back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks. If you could get back to me with instructions exactly what to do to make sure the contract was successfully cancelled and how to move the number over to Prepay without calling or having to visit a shop, I'd appreciate it. 
    I have a new eir Prepay SIM at hand. 

Can't wait a day for someone to have a look at my account and reply...
    Considering that we gave notice on 11 January anyway, we just go with what we were told over the phone and do it that way.

Can't wait a day for someone to have a look at my account and reply...
    Considering that we gave notice on 11 January anyway, we just go with what we were told over the phone and do it that way.
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

The timeframe for a response is 24 hours, if you are looking for an immediate response I would recommend getting in contact with our chat team on the below link.

https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement