Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Tax Saver Commuter Tickets - Can My Employer Say No?

Options
  • 14-02-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Bit of a weird one here. My office is split into two companies - both companies are owned by the same person, with the same ultimate holding company. Our head office is in London. We share the same directors, HR department, accounts department etc.
    The annual tax saver ticker has been made available to only one of the two companies though.
    Employees of the second company have been advised that the scheme is not available to them.

Generally speaking, if a new rule is implemented, it affects both companies - such as moving our paydays to the end of the month, rescinding all sick pay, ceasing payment on a Friday if payday falls on the weekend (Yes, these have all happened).

If there is a discrepancy in benefits however, we are simply dismissed with the statement that we are two different companies. For example, some have received maternity benefit while others have received zilch.

So is the tax saver scheme compulsory? I know the bike to work scheme was laughed out the door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

It is not compulsory. Seperate registered companies in the same group can offer different discretionary benefits to their employees, just because one company benefits from it does not mean all will. Maybe discuss with your union rep.

Advertisement