Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evergreen Bar closed

Options
  • 14-02-2018 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Just seen that the Evergreen has closed 'with immediate effect'

I always thought they did a decent trade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Just seen that the Evergreen has closed 'with immediate effect'

I always thought they did a decent trade

If I have the right place (near Turners Cross) it used to be hopping back in my student days (though that was a long time ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Gravelly wrote: »
    If I have the right place (near Turners Cross) it used to be hopping back in my student days (though that was a long time ago).

Yep thats the one - they were posting quite happily on their FB page up to last week and now its "We are closed until further notice! We would like to thank all who came in and shared a drink with us"

Yep thats the one - they were posting quite happily on their FB page up to last week and now its "We are closed until further notice! We would like to thank all who came in and shared a drink with us"

Always thought it had a big local trade, as well as a few students, and the soccer supporters. It was there a very long time I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Gravelly wrote: »
    Always thought it had a big local trade, as well as a few students, and the soccer supporters. It was there a very long time I'd say.

It was there when I was in primary school 30+ years ago!

It was there when I was in primary school 30+ years ago!

My student days are nearly that long ago :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Looking at fb posts someone said it was operating for a year without a licence. Now that was one post so don't know how much truth is in that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

jamesbere wrote: »
    Looking at fb posts someone said it was operating for a year without a licence. Now that was one post so don't know how much truth is in that

Strange as I just looked up the Revenue list of licences and none showing for the Evergreen - the Mountain Bar & the turners Cross tavern are both listed, but not the Evergreen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

There's no license registered on the Revenue site anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Strange as I just looked up the Revenue list of licences and none showing for the Evergreen - the Mountain Bar & the turners Cross tavern are both listed, but not the Evergreen

If they weren't operating without a licence for that long how were they getting away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

The mountain bar will clean up as a result.

Was never in the evergreen, nearly 25 years since I was in the mountain.

• Advertisement

The closure was rumoured since before Christmas.

Beer garden, mountain & turners cross tavern all still there. Horseshoe & Tory top (for sale I believe) in vicinity too.

The Mountain has been thriving last few years I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Augeo wrote: »
    The closure was rumoured since before Christmas.

Beer garden, mountain & turners cross tavern all still there. Horseshoe & Tory top (for sale I believe) in vicinity too.

The Mountain has been thriving last few years I believe.
    Was the TCT refurbished last year? It was closed for a while.

Was the TCT refurbished last year? It was closed for a while.

Major refurbishment considering it was more or less rebuilt in 1999 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Augeo wrote: »
    Major refurbishment considering it was more or less rebuilt in 1999 ish.

fine place now,good owner,food and drink...should do well every second friday with CCFC on a high. but hopefully pick up some local trade as the other pubs have gone downhill a wee bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Destroyed the bar with the renovation of closing the lounge off and making all these small rooms.Hopefully will come back with Tony involved somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

hopefully. i hear they didnt even tell tony they were closing which in my eyes is bad form. same guy was involved in the lakelands in mahon.seems to have no idea how to run a bar! loved the bar when going to cork city matches was always good crack there few games pool and few pints so hopefully it will re open

.....it was rumoured since before Christmas they were closing...I'd struggle to believe that Tony wasn't aware of it.

Advertisement