If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4k hdr at 1k euro

Options
  • 14-02-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

What would you recommend at 1k euro that would be the best possible tv for the money? Considering the LG B series being the ideal what would come closest at 1k? Delivered to Dublin. Dolby vision / hdr 10 support with arc on hdmi and Netflix app with HDR etc..

Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

What would you recommend at 1k euro that would be the best possible tv for the money? Considering the LG B series being the ideal what would come closest at 1k? Delivered to Dublin. Dolby vision / hdr 10 support with arc on hdmi and Netflix app with HDR etc..

Thanks,
    Mick
    Sorry should have said 55 inch

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,

Thanks,
    Mick
    Sorry should have said 55 inch
    Hi Micks_Address.

At the minute the only TV's to support both Dobly Vision and HDR are the LG OLED's or the Sony OLED's.

The best TV at the minute for under 1K euro would be the Samsung 55MU7000 coming in at 949.00 euro. (No Dolby Vision)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx

Panasonic have said some of their higher spec'd screen will get Dolby vision via update but to date has been released as of yet.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Micks_Address.

At the minute the only TV's to support both Dobly Vision and HDR are the LG OLED's or the Sony OLED's.

The best TV at the minute for under 1K euro would be the Samsung 55MU7000 coming in at 949.00 euro. (No Dolby Vision)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx

Panasonic have said some of their higher spec'd screen will get Dolby vision via update but to date has been released as of yet.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi kenny,
    What does Netflix dolby vision play as on the samsung?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mick,

sorry I'm late to the party here but I've just had a deal in on the Panasonic TX65EX700 and we could do that including delivery on a Boardie special at just €1099 - includes HDR10 -  I know it stretches the budget a little but its a cracking TV for that money:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202570-viera-tx65ex700b.aspx

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Mick,

sorry I'm late to the party here but I've just had a deal in on the Panasonic TX65EX700 and we could do that including delivery on a Boardie special at just €1099 - includes HDR10 -  I know it stretches the budget a little but its a cracking TV for that money:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202570-viera-tx65ex700b.aspx

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John, hold that thought. This is for a friend who's just moved into new house. Checking with him
    Thanks
    Mick

• Advertisement

Hey John, hold that thought. This is for a friend who's just moved into new house. Checking with him
    Thanks
    Mick

Hi John,
    He's holding out for a price drop on the b series LG oled
    Thanks,
    Mick

Thanks
    Mick

Hi John,
    He's holding out for a price drop on the b series LG oled
    Thanks,
    Mick
    No problem Mick.

Let us know if we can help in any way in the future.

No problem Mick.

Thanks Kenny,
    He'd spend about 1k on a 55 if ticked all the boxes but there seems to be fair bit of inconsistency in reviews etc. He's thinking rightly or wrongly to hold out another month or so for the price to drop on the LG oled when new models start to appear
    Cheers,
    Mick

No problem Mick.

Thanks Kenny,
    He'd spend about 1k on a 55 if ticked all the boxes but there seems to be fair bit of inconsistency in reviews etc. He's thinking rightly or wrongly to hold out another month or so for the price to drop on the LG oled  when new models start to appear
    Cheers,
    Mick
    Hey Mick.

Keep your eye on the website and if the price comes within his budget let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.